Need help with a weight lifting routine.

Options
Hi I am looking for help with making a at home weight lifting routine. I have a barbell and dumbbell set that includes the barbell which itself weighs 2.5kg. The weights are 6x 1.25kg, 4x 2.5kg and 6x 5kg. I also have a weight bench but haven't got the bar to turn it into an incline bench but if you feel that incline lifts are needed then I could possibly get one from somewhere.

I'll tell you a bit about myself as that will probably help in making a routine. I am currently 392lbs down from 418lbs four weeks ago so my diet side of things is working well at the moment. I used to be good at lifting heavy weights but since an operation on my right lung I have not lifted anything that heavy so I wouldn't like to be lifting anything heavy starting off.

I haven't got much idea about weight lifting so any help would be really appreciated.

Replies

• dwick1017
    dwick1017 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here is a circuit you can try. It looks like you don't have a lot of weight which is no problem but overtime you will find you want more.

Body weight squats 15 Reps

Bench press 12 Reps

Dumbbell Rows 12 per side

Small Step Up with Dumbbells 10 per leg

Shoulder Press Dumbbell or Barbell 12 Reps

Wide Grip Barbell Row 12 Reps

Dumbbell Swings 12 Reps

Do one set of each exercise and then take a couple minutes break. Rest as little as you can during the exercises but make sure you leave yourself energy to finish them all. Go through the circuit 2-3 times.

Its very basic but it is a good start. You can do this a few times per week but you will probably want to mix it up eventually. If you unsure of how to perform the exercises just look them up on youtube.

Good Luck!
  • rtp_slg52181
    rtp_slg52181 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Strong lifts 5x5 is a great start out program and all you need is a bench barbell safe way to put the barbell on your shoulders and weights.

Start as light as you need to.
  • Littl3wood
    Littl3wood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I done that routine you suggested but only managed it once but I will hopefully build upto doing it the 2-3 times like you suggested.