Getting Healthy for babies!

Options
Hi all! I am looking for some friends who have similar goals as mine. I am getting married next June, and while I want to look smokin in my wedding dress, my main motivator is that we want to start a family pretty quickly after the wedding. In order to get pregnant I would like to lose at least 80 lbs. They prove everyday that the more obese you are the more at risk your pregnancy will be. I for one would like to give my future babies the best possible chance to be healthy. Not only that but also being at a healthy weight helps your chances of conceiving in the first place. I am just looking for some friends who are in the same situation and looking for a good motivational, accountability friend. Someone to chat with about preconception health.

Replies

• Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm looking to get healthy for baby#2 I want to lose 50 pound by June of next year that's when my daughter turns 2.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know I'm a little late here, but looking to lose 35-40lbs in 2016- the hubs and I will start trying to conceive this year as well! I'm already down a few pounds but want to stay motivated and get as healthy as I can before we do the baby dance. Want to start a group?
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I know we want to have a baby within the next year or so, and want to lose another 23 pounds before we go for it! It would be our first, we just got married in October. Definitely want to be as healthy as I can for our future little loves! Feel free to add me!
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Hi! I know I'm a little late here, but looking to lose 35-40lbs in 2016- the hubs and I will start trying to conceive this year as well! I'm already down a few pounds but want to stay motivated and get as healthy as I can before we do the baby dance. Want to start a group?

Would LOVE to be added if a group is started!!
  • relez
    relez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same!! Baby #1 awful sleeper and work was stressful so I realized I gained so much weight I weighed as much as I did 9 months pregnant!! Im thinking of baby #2 for the next year and I want to lose this weight so that I can have a healthy body to support a new pregnancy. Would love to join a group or add anyone for support!!
  • tiffanysotoxo
    tiffanysotoxo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! Our goals are so similar, I'm trying to lose around 50-80lbs to get healthier, beat my health issues and start trying for baby #1, totally sending you a request.