Hi!

Options
FeliciaCM
FeliciaCM Posts: 12 Member
My name is Felicia and I have been using MFP for over a year now but just recently was told about the forums!

I started walking at 5'2", 229 lbs and after about a month started running, and with diet change (paleo) running and yoga and some strength stuff have lost about 70lbs in the past year. Looking forward to reading other ppls stories and following a few friends on here as well!

Replies

• FeliciaCM
    Options
    I hit the 70lbs lost mark a while ago but then started doing more weights so it went back up, I guess since the ticker works with your daily weight that often looks incorrect..
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I hit the 70lbs lost mark a while ago but then started doing more weights so it went back up, I guess since the ticker works with your daily weight that often looks incorrect..

Don't get caught up in scale weight, body fat percentage is far more important.

Anyway, I've always been a little over weight. About 2 years ago I lost 40 pounds and got down to a good weight, but I hadn't been weight lifting so I had no muscle, and I gained back the fat. Now I'm on my way back down, but I'm lifting heavy at the same time. I've lost 27 pounds so far, and I've got another 15 or 20 to go until I get where I want to be. Congrats on all the weight lost so far
  • FeliciaCM
    Options
    absolutely, I just felt the need to explain why I said I've lost 70 but my ticket says 67 ;)
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Keep on moving foward! I'm on my last 12 after dropping 50. I weigh myself once a week but the scale may not budge because I do strength training and cardio. You ve done really well so far congrats!!!
  • BethanyWV
    BethanyWV Posts: 4
    Options
    Ah, you've been going yoga. How have you liked it? Do you think it's helped with strength and/or weight? I have played around with it but find it hard to fit in between work and 5 boys at home. Still, I'd like to keep trying if it works for others. My daughter has been doing it for four or five years and loves it.

Great job on the 70 lbs!!! That's a LOT. Has being on this site been a help? I just joined this week, but so far I like it. It seems a great tool for learning about the effect of eating on weight and what you can eat and still stay at a reasonable calorie, fat, carb, etc., count.
  • FeliciaCM
    Options
    Love yoga, def helped with strength. I also like the bodyrock stuff for when I'm at home. I haven't used this before but I had support from a weight loss group of friends.
  • FeliciaCM
    Options
    for the most part I just run 6x per week and just recently started doing more than yoga for strength. In the beginning I did more but I focused on running after I started because both was too hard, but now im n good enough shape that not much takes me out of commission so I can do more.