Insanity, P90X, Turbofire, 30Day Shred OH MY!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sushifish87
    Options
    Bump
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    30DS was perfect for me when I began working out. Along with doing the 30DS program for 20 mins a day, I also ran though ...ended up loosing about 15 #'s that way (with calorie counting) in about 2 months. I have also successfully completed P90X twice. Didn't lose anything, but toned a great deal. I also have done Insanity - wasn't my cup of tea but I enjoyed knowing I pushed myself to my limits. Currently, I am doing P90x and Insanity hybrid. It's perfect for me because it has a mix of strength training AND cardio, except the cardio is not daily as it was when I did Insanity solo, therefore its less of a pain on my joints. It's not the cheapest alternative, because it does require you to buy both programs, but the hybrid is amazing for me so far. I however would recommend starting out on 30DS and taking it from there. Don't let the short workout fool you, it is quite intense, especially if you're not so used to working out hard.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I bought my p90x on craigslist for a huge price reduction (I think I paid $60). you may want to keep a lookout there to save yourself some money.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to check back in on the thread since we had been chatting in person. I'm very excited you decided to try Insanity.. also, it does help you gain muscle, its just a lean muscle.. if you want to bulk up you'll have to do Insanity the Asylum.. because that DOES create a bulkier muscle. But because it is a true cardio video the weight melts off and it's great to do at your own pace. It worked wonders for me and I personally love Shaun T. Another idea for anyone else interested is T25.. its basically Insanity meets Hip Hop Abs but in 25mins a day 5 days a week. So non-stop but its short and an excellent workout. But everyones right, we all have that workout that is our perfect fit and we keep coming back to. Maybe Insanity will be yours, maybe it won't, but as long as you keep your eyes on your goal you'll accomplish it and do great!