After stopping the pill...

Options
So I'm really annoyed that I've been dieting and exercising well for the past 5 weeks, and in the last 2 of those have lost nothing. It coincides with me coming off the combined pill, and I just wondered if anyone had struggled to lose weight after stopping, and if so, how you kick-started it again?? Of course it could just be a plateau, but I'm not sure. Advice?

Thanks!

Replies

• rtp_slg52181
    rtp_slg52181 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Stopping the pill is a drastic shift in your body's hormones. You will need to let this level out before you can really assess what is or is not going to work now.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Both of these require patience:
    1 changing the body's hormones
    2 scale watching
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't usually happen in a constant kind of way. Some weeks you may lose no weight - and other weeks, you may drop a few pounds unexpectedly! Just have patience and keep logging your food intake to stick to the calorie goal that MyFitnessPal gives you.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I went off Yasmin. At first, I had no weight loss then WHOOSH I started losing again.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This is what many people see as they lose weight. Sometimes they gain, sometimes they lose, over time there should be a downward trend. Hormones can impact water weight, so don't stress the number unless you are gaining week after week.

weighttrendgraph1.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I'm stopping the pill at the end of the month after being on it my whole adult life. I assumed losing weight will get easier, not harder :confused:
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh boy, I'm stopping the pill at the end of the month after being on it my whole adult life. I assumed losing weight will get easier, not harder :confused:

Since the OP has not lost weight for only the last 2 weeks, I think it is far too soon to conclude that weight loss will get more difficult when stopping the pill. Be patient through any hormonal changes, and you will be fine :)