2,700 Calories a day (help)

Options
2»

Replies

• butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    those are my maintnence cals if you want to look at my open diary to see what a consistent 2750/day looks like. it's really not that much food. I COULD EAT SO MUCH MORE :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Grosen17 wrote: »
    Anyone that tells you cookies etc is crazy.. That's not the right way

Add honey and peanut butter to protein shakes for extra carb and fats

Don't be afraid of pasta

Add beef to your diet for some fats

I agree with hill regarding the addition of avacados

You already look lean so as long as you get some consistent exercise in you shouldn't worry about "bad" weight

I'll give you full meal options if you need ideas

Good luck!!

why would adding some cookies to reach your calorie goal after one has met micro and macro needs not be "the right way"???
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Anyone that tells you cookies etc is crazy.. That's not the right way

Add honey and peanut butter to protein shakes for extra carb and fats

Don't be afraid of pasta

Add beef to your diet for some fats

I agree with hill regarding the addition of avacados

You already look lean so as long as you get some consistent exercise in you shouldn't worry about "bad" weight

I'll give you full meal options if you need ideas

Good luck!!

why would adding some cookies to reach your calorie goal after one has met micro and macro needs not be "the right way"???

Because you forgot the milk to dunk them in and/or the ice cream and chocolate fudge topping.
  • Grosen17
    Grosen17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're all rediculious lol
    That junk shouldn't be the main building block of your weight gain diet is my point. I just ate cookies before bed but its not a majority of my diet... Clowns
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That junk shouldn't be the main building block of your weight gain diet is my point. I just ate cookies before bed but its not a majority of my diet... Clowns

Captain Obvious has entered the forum...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Captain Obvious has entered the forum...

:laugh:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options

You really need to take a step back and actually read what people actually write. I know context can be a tough concept for some people but what everyone is actually suggesting is getting the majority of your calories from nutrient dense foods (fish, veggies, fruits, meats, dairy, whole grains - this will make up 80-90% of your calories) but if you are still struggling to add more, then it's ok to eat some cookies, a muffin, ice cream, etc...

And since this same nonsensical argue pretty much comes up about once a week, I will ask you a question based on my current experience. I am 5'11, 33, 178 lbs @ ~15% bf. I have a desk job and current doing GVT 3 days a week, HIIT 2 days a week and Yoga 1 day a week. I cut at roughly 2400-2500 calories. I eat about 150g of protein daily, 30g+ of fiber, 90g of fats and the rest in carbs. My diet is focused on whole grains, fats that are high in mono & poly unsaturated fats, meats (both chicken and red meat), fish (I try once a week but it's hard since the wife is 9 months pregnant so I based it on her) and dairy (mainly greek yogurt). So I have a very balanced diet during my cut. When I bulk it will be around 3300-3500 calories (800ish difference), during which, I will add in nuts for a snack (390 calories) and probably add back a protein shake (240 calories). That means that roughly 3000 calories will be nutrient dense foods. So what would be the problem or more importantly how would my results be hurt if I added 300 calories of desert (BTW, it would be my nightly Klondike bar).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

please point out the poster that is saying that "junk' should be the building block of ones diet.

what we are saying is get micros, hit macro minimums, and then fill in with calorie dense foods…

why is that so hard to understand?