Bathrooms...open door policy?

Options
mustang289
mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
Do you prefer bathroom door open or closed while you're doing your business?

What about when others are in there doing their business?

Free Pass to stay-at-home moms who have toddlers to watch or in the middle of potty training, I'm talking more about adults here.

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Close the door. I don't care if you've been married 50 years. Close the door.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I usually have a open door policy. I dont really have a choice as my Fiance walks in all the time, and ive learned to do the same with him over time. Im much more a prude than he is. He just doesnt care, and over time hes made me not care.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh my! :embarassed: Closed please, and don't forget the air freshener! :laugh:
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Peeing I don't care about but if your doing the other, the door should be closed.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If I close the door my German Shepherd just opens it anyway. My lab will cry at the door. If I leave it open, they don't bother me. For some reason closed door = panic.
    Our bathroom is at the end of the hall so it's not like my other half will accidentally walk by and see something.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options

Married 16yrs. Door stays closed....and he gets yelled at if he even THINKS about coming in. #1 or #2! :laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Closed. But I've never locked the door at home. This has lead to some issues...
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh my! :embarassed: Closed please, and don't forget the air freshener! :laugh:

We had that at my old office. The maintenance guy would always walk by and say: "MAN, it smells like someone shT a pine tree in there!"

at home:
    Door open for a quick stop. Door closed for a major transaction.
  • Pebbles91909
    Options
    Close the door please. I don't want to see anyone doing their business and I don't want them seeing me do mine.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I close the door with company over otherwise... why close it? Not like anyone is going to see me doing my business when it's just me and my kiddo lol.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    now... theres a 2 tier thing here

for example, if im in the shower, sure come in and take a wizz.

but, if im in the shower and you come and drop a bomb... oh come on thats not fair.

my girlfriend did that pretty much every morning. infact I asked her about it and she was like "yah I like to go poopies when you are in da shower." its also how she got the name stinky.

then again theres nothing like seeing someone you loves poop face. lool.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have toddlers I understand that statement well lol, anyways I know just about everything about my husband including things I didn't want to know, but his bathroom activities are none of my business. and he has no interest in mine I need personal space.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Our bathroom actually has a water closet. The toilet is in a separate room within the bathroom so of someone is on the shower or at the sink you can still use the bathroom and close the door.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of closed doors....gotta maintain a bit of mystery, right?

Stopped in to visit a friend, his wife was talking to me from the bathroom area and said "come down the hall". I get to the open bathroom door and she's standing at the sink doing her makeup. No problem, right? Except my friend was sitting next to her with his pants around his ankles pinching a loaf. Yeah, um, no thanks. That's a bit weird to me.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Open!!! My roommate and I even talk to each other while on the loo. ;x
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of closed doors....gotta maintain a bit of mystery, right?

Stopped in to visit a friend, his wife was talking to me from the bathroom area and said "come down the hall". I get to the open bathroom door and she's standing at the sink doing her makeup. No problem, right? Except my friend was sitting next to her with his pants around his ankles pinching a loaf. Yeah, um, no thanks. That's a bit weird to me.

dude thats too far. no dude wants to see a dudes duke face. no matter how tight you are. lol
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

the ONLY correct answer.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lately, I leave it open or ajar. I don't know why. Prob if home alone with the baby or I think I'm so fast it's a drive by tinkle or dump...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    peeing? door open, because I just don't care. #2 however, closed.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My holding on to the towel rack while turning red dropping a deuce face isn't cute.

Door closed for that one.

As for pee, door open if I'm comfortable with the person.