how many times a week do you work out?

Options
How many times a week do you work out and how long for? Just curious to hear people's different routines.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I ride 4-5x per week...my week day rides are about an hour and I usually do a longer ride on the weekend. I lift 3x per week usually...for the most part I lift with about 60% of my max at 8-10 reps except for my Olympic stuff...in the winter I tend to spend less time on my bike and that's when I do my "heavy" weight training cycles and I'll usually lift 4x per week.

If I'm training for a cycling event, I spend way more time on my bike to get the miles in and only lift a couple of days per week and do more higher rep stuff with lighter weight.

ETA: I generally take 1-2 rest days per week depending...every 6 weeks or so I do a de-load and take it pretty easy.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    5x per week. Usually about 50 mins each time.
    Weekends are a mix of yard work, helping with the house, and some other activity like going to a bazaar and walking around.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    3 x per week-but i plan to up it to 5x a week for 45 min this week. i left 3x a week
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    3-4x a week, about an hour and a half.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    4-5 times per week. Depending on what the activity is, usually between 30 and 90 minutes each time.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I lift on four days for about an hour a day and I have a fifth day where I take a spin class for just under an hour.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    5-6. Length depends on the activity. If I go to a class, it's about an hour, 45-60 minutes if I'm lifting, and about 30 if I'm running.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    On avg 3-4x per week, lifting mostly, some cardio, 30-40min each
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    1-2 hrs a day, 6 days a week.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I lift 5 to 6 days a week. I take rest days as I feel they are needed rather than scheduling them. Most of the time I am done within an hour at the gym, but never more than 90 minutes.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I actually work out for training purposes three days a week - Friday, Sunday, Tuesday. This is about 30 minutes of strength training followed by about 25 minutes of HIIT.

Then there's the exercise I do for pleasure, like walking for an hour most days, or that I do because it needs to happen, like yardwork. I don't really count those as anything other than my normal day to day activities.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    5 x a week I do morning recovery rides. Slower calorie burn rides. They help with soreness and really are a good thing. They are on normal workout days

Weights 2 days a week.

Fast ride 2x a week

Saturday will be some kind of long workout. This Saturday was 50 mile ride and 10K run.

• jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Minimum none. Maximum around 9 times. Average around 3 times a week due to a busy schedule
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    This week 7 days burning over 2200cal. I vary my workouts between Leslie Sansone walking DVD/Treadmill walking with varying incline-speed and outdoor walking. The best thing I did was stopped drinking alcohol-day #8.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Gym, 5x a week, usually an hour each day. The other two days I try to get outside and do something like go for a walk.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    7x/wk. 1-3hr. Longer days are running days. Lifting rarely goes over 2hr.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week. Anywhere from 1-3 hours a session. All lifting, or rehab/correctives/prehab
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Min 3 times a week M W F 60 to 80 min walk/run + calisthenics. 2x week (T T or S) gym mainly weight training. Still fine tuning. Long-term goal is to consistently exercise 6 days a week, running and strength training
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    Every bloody day about 2-3 hours!!! If not I must have something very important to do that I don't make it to the gym.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I workout 5 days/week, Monday to Friday. I take weekends off but do the usual housework, groceries, yard work, etc. I try to fit in a walk/foam rolling/active stretching etc i don't count the daily walks/chores/stretches etc as exercise.

Depending on how I'm training during a particular cycle I do anywhere from 2-5 strength training sessions per week and 2-4 cardio sessions per week and yoga 1/week.

Currently I am doing a full body minimalist strength training cycle 3 days/week with a heavy focus on strength-endurance, 1 day/week ladder/cone drills, lead a HIIT class 1-2 days/week, yoga 1/week and Krav Maga 3 days/week.