Circuit Training Exercises

Options
I am looking for different circuit training exercises to do for a challenge I will be doing for July. Need beginner and moderate style exercise moves for this group. Any and all ideas would be welcome, let me know, thanks! :smile:

Replies

• alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just did some oblique crunches, planks, bicycles, squats, supermans, and pushups.
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Just did some oblique crunches, planks, bicycles, squats, supermans, and pushups.

okay have to ask what are supermans?
  • alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just like how they sound. You lay prone on your front on the floor or a mat. Then you raise your legs and arms from the ground like you are 'flying'. This works out your core muscles along with the arms and thighs. It's harder than it sounds especially if you've been doing a bunch of other exercises first.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has quite a few DVD's that are based on circuit training. 30 Day Shred is available online from what I hear
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    then youll love 30DS!!
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i love supermans! just googled and this was the first result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6UVRS7PW4
  • littlewolf3785
    Options
    Just like how they sound. You lay prone on your front on the floor or a mat. Then you raise your legs and arms from the ground like you are 'flying'. This works out your core muscles along with the arms and thighs. It's harder than it sounds especially if you've been doing a bunch of other exercises first.

Thanks, now I have seen those!
  • littlewolf3785
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has quite a few DVD's that are based on circuit training. 30 Day Shred is available online from what I hear

I think I did see some of her videos on you tube when I was looking around last night. Will go through and look again with Jillian in mind, thanks!
  • littlewolf3785
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas so far, keep them coming.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com

They have about 250 videos, and almost all of them are circuit training style.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love circuit training (I do 2 classes a week) the exercise that makes me the most sore the next day are suicides. Hold 2 hand weights straight above your head (dont let them down) and kneel down on one knee then the other then back up on one foot and then the other back to standing. Do it for a full minute without stopping!! Good luck