Why am I starving?

Options
2»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You're probably hungry because you only eat 1300 calories a day.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    if you are only craving red meat my thought is low iron. i noticed you don't track your food in your diary (it's open to the public but there's nothing in it - unless this is a new feature with mfp that it's there but not visible to the public) so how do you know you are eating 1300 calories a day and yup i'll be the one to ask is this net or before exercising?
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yes, your metabolism increases during PMS--some women have been found to burn up to 500 extra calories a day right before their period. It's our body's way of trying to keep up our fat stores so we could nourish a pregnancy in lean times.
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    if you are only craving red meat my thought is low iron. i noticed you don't track your food in your diary (it's open to the public but there's nothing in it - unless this is a new feature with mfp that it's there but not visible to the public) so how do you know you are eating 1300 calories a day and yup i'll be the one to ask is this net or before exercising?

I know exactly how many cals Im eating bc I use a local gourmet diet delivery service for all my food. All the food is fresh, homemade, organic, sugar free, low glycemic index food & comes with full nutrition facts & ingredient list. Nothing refined or processed. They deliver 3x/week. I hate to cook and it kind of feels like having my own diet chef. I really love the service & It makes life so much easier, and I dont have kids so my husband and I used to eat out a lot (not exactly helpful with my diet) and this is a much better alternative for about the same price as the restaurant food I was eating.
    I am not working out at this time bc I dont seem to lose when I exercise bc I require so many more calories for energy. I love working out so Im sad that I havent been able to. My fitbit says my normal everyday life I burn between 1800-2000 cals.
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    Yes, your metabolism increases during PMS--some women have been found to burn up to 500 extra calories a day right before their period. It's our body's way of trying to keep up our fat stores so we could nourish a pregnancy in lean times.

this makes sense bc I do feel like Im burning through the food so fast. I dont eat if Im not truly hungry
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

I know exactly how many cals Im eating bc I use a local gourmet diet delivery service for all my food. All the food is fresh, homemade, organic, sugar free, low glycemic index food & comes with full nutrition facts & ingredient list. Nothing refined or processed. They deliver 3x/week. I hate to cook and it kind of feels like having my own diet chef. I really love the service & It makes life so much easier, and I dont have kids so my husband and I used to eat out a lot (not exactly helpful with my diet) and this is a much better alternative for about the same price as the restaurant food I was eating.
    I am not working out at this time bc I dont seem to lose when I exercise bc I require so many more calories for energy. I love working out so Im sad that I havent been able to. My fitbit says my normal everyday life I burn between 1800-2000 cals.

HOLY CRAP! i wish i had your metabolism!!!!! that service sounds like a wonderful little luxury too. you might want to consider having your iron levels checked just to make sure. :)