Coffee Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The coffee I drink is 10 calories for 16oz, or so it claims. When I have some it's 8oz so I log that 5 calories. What kills me is the 140 calories of creamer it takes to make it drinkable! So now I just drink tea w/liquid stevia most of the time and treat coffee as a splurge.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    Wait are you telling me that black coffee still has calories?

Plain old black coffee only has about 2 calories per 8 ounces.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »
    The coffee I drink is 10 calories for 16oz, or so it claims. When I have some it's 8oz so I log that 5 calories. What kills me is the 140 calories of creamer it takes to make it drinkable! So now I just drink tea w/liquid stevia most of the time and treat coffee as a splurge.

Get better coffee? Really not that expensive for decent stuff assuming you only drink a cup or two at home a day. But, finding that my coffee actually has calories is kinda depressing I always treated it as a free food. But, i guess in safe amounts that coffee really couldn't make or break me.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

So by the time I get the cup from the cabinet and pour my cup, I've more than burned the 2 cals. Why log it anyways?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

So by the time I get the cup from the cabinet and pour my cup, I've more than burned the 2 cals. Why log it anyways?

Right? So just worry about whatever you put in it. If you drink it black, no worries at all.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    wrenak wrote: »

Get better coffee? Really not that expensive for decent stuff assuming you only drink a cup or two at home a day. But, finding that my coffee actually has calories is kinda depressing I always treated it as a free food. But, i guess in safe amounts that coffee really couldn't make or break me.

It isn't the coffee brand. It's the fact that I don't care for black coffee regardless of brand. :)