I'm just putting this out there....

Options
I don't have a huge friend list, and it's all female (excluding my brother). However, I have met some of the strongest, kind-hearted women on MFP. I may not have "met" them in real life, but these ladies are near and dear to my heart. I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in... But all of you motivate & support me everyday. I'm a military wife, I have no friends nearby. But I would gladly have some of you in a foxhole with me. Thank you.

Replies

• jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    That's great that you have met such great ladies on here that are there to support your efforts everyday. I have encountered the the same thing (only I have some guys on my list too) When I started on MFP last year I only knew about the app from a girl at work and that's all I used. I added a few girls and a guy from work for support and did really well for several months until everyone else gradually stopped tracking. It was discouraging. Then this year an old friend of mine liked MFP on Facebook and when I liked it I ended up checking out the website on my computer and found the community and all the great people. I'm enjoying it so much more this time around!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah!! I'm glad to have you as a friend also!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I too love my FL. They are all pretty awesome!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I love my FL also!!! :heart:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just think to myself "Look at all these beautiful women!" (and guys too!) I just love the encouragement & the lifting up of our own gender. I get so discouraged by the competitiveness I see between women. Let's all appreciate (celebrate!) each other's differences and beauty, right?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Yeah, I agree!!
  • FightinFelicia
    Options
    Awww you are such a sweet heart. I would definitely have you in a fox whole with me because you kick major as and don't play around. You stay motivating and inspiring and I truly appreciate that. Much love and respect
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love u babe- u inspire me daily :-)
  • 00sarah
    Options
    ^^^ an amazing example, right here.

You all know who you are! ;)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    there are some really awesome chicks posting in this thread! xoxoxo!!!

You ladies rock!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    there are some really awesome chicks posting in this thread! xoxoxo!!!

You ladies rock!

xoxo
  • xMuscles
    xMuscles Posts: 24
    Options
    <3
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awe. Too cute. I'm pretty new here and need to drop 40 pounds. You and your girls look fit.....I will get there soon. Do you guys eat back your calories?
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how close I feel to "complete strangers" on this site. I share things here I never would anywhere else and get nothing but positive support. I only have a couple guy friends too, so my list is all about the girls. Strong, supportive and happy with others success. The real world is full of jealousy and "stink eye" rather than the "wow great job" I get here. I too am grateful, and so happy my friend list grows every day. I love the give and take, talking someone off the chocolate ledge, being talked off the ledge, and whoot whoo-ing when the pounds come off. It's a positive place. I'm lucky :)
  • 00sarah
    Options
    Awe. Too cute. I'm pretty new here and need to drop 40 pounds. You and your girls look fit.....I will get there soon. Do you guys eat back your calories?

Me, personally... Yes, most of the time. The best advice I can give you is to strength train! Weight lifting makes pretty, well- fed female bodies!
  • 00sarah
    Options
    BUMP... Because this is mine & my FL is still so undeniably awesome!
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    Thats really beautiful Sarah. It must be hard moving all the time
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Just saying I adore you...again :-)
  • Humanovation
    Humanovation Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is a warm and fuzzy thread ;-)
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    Beautiful read :) I agree with you. Though I only exchange words with 2 friends from MFP so far - the support has been helpful on here. I wish to find more friends too as it truly is inspiring and a lovely thing not to feel alone in this.