All that Halloween candy!!

Options
Any tips for avoiding all that chocolate covered goodness? I have four kids so there's soooo many treats and it's only been 12 hours and every time I walk into the room that has the candy I steal a piece at this rate I'll gain all the weight I lost over the last few months by Christmas!! Amy advice welcome!

Replies

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Honestly, logging the candies I eat helps immensely. I know it's not a huge deal to eat one 70cal fun size bar, but I also know that two or three will add up FAST. Having the calorie counts in front of me helps.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Honestly, logging the candies I eat helps immensely. I know it's not a huge deal to eat one 70cal fun size bar, but I also know that two or three will add up FAST. Having the calorie counts in front of me helps.

Same! Logging even on days I go way over keeps me real for the next day and the next time I treat
  • hybridtheory45
    hybridtheory45 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Same....logging every piece really helps when I see how quickly they add up. Definitely stops me reaching for more.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Log it, own it.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I ate 950 calories of candy yesterday, was 150 over my daily calorie allotment and didn't gain anything. I've eaten about 500 calories of candy so far today. I log it all, do that I can at least stay at my maintenance. If I do nothing more than not gain a pound till January 1st I'll be happy. Of course, my commitment is to lose some pounds by then. Log, log, log.
  • rnkmjkimkbrk
    rnkmjkimkbrk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Chocolate has always been my kryptonite I bagged it all up and put it in a closet. Out of sight out of mind I hope!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are....literally stealing candy from a baby. Shocking!

Out of sight out of mind is a good trick. The hardest it is to see and access the less likelihood of impulsive / mindless eating.
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I didn't log any of mine, I didn't log for the weekend. I tried to stick to only a couple per day. Not sure if anyone else had the same issue but once I started eating it my tummy did not feel good. Anyone else had that issue? Used to be able to eat bags of candy just fine, now my usually iron tummy is like bleh :p
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Log it first! I was actually able to avoid eating another entire portion of sweets yesterday by logging that sucker first instead of after, lol. Definitely keep them far away, too. That's a good move.

Holly, I wish ;) Sweets are my downfall, and even when I feel really bad, sweets are the first thing to sound good to eat. I could eat them all day (I have glucose issues, so that would be a doubly bad idea!!).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Stop stealing from children.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. I decided to give myself a free day, set my goal to maintenance and destroyed a bag of Lindor truffles.

Won't be bringing those home again. I can resist anything else but not those...