Stopped instantly

So I lost 15lbs in about 7weeks. The weird thing is that the last 10lbs came off in about a week. Suddenly I cannot lose anymore. I haven't lost a pound in a week. Is this it for me? I'm at 225 and would be happy just to get to 200

Replies

• siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Get back to a calorie deficit.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    you might be the kind of person who loses like this. Lose 5 lbs, then nothing for 2 weeks. Lose 8 lbs, then nothing for a month, lose 3 lbs... as long as the trend is down, i wouldn't worry about it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    It's only been a week. Wait until it's been a month before you need to make any adjustments.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    That last 10 pounds may have been part water weight, which you may have since gained a little back. So you lost fat weight, but gained back some water weight, so it looks like you lost nothing.

Just keep being consistent in what you are doing, and look longer term than what the scale says in 1 day or 1 week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    A week is nothing, keep eating in a deficit and it will come.
  • Mosiak
    Mosiak Posts: 41 Member
    I second what MissJay said.

Water weight can be tricky and we can drop some, gain some, and drop some again, and sometimes we can gain enough to make the scale show weight gain. But give it at least 4 weeks, and if you still are not going downwards, some adjustments might be needed, eat less, or exercise more, or eat less of the calories you burnt.

The closer we are to our target weight the trickier it is to lose the weight, Also be careful not too eat too little, there is such a thing as eating too little and so your body makes an extra effort in storing fat.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    siluridae wrote: »

It's been one week. It's far too early to make assessments about a deficit. Weight loss is not linear, some weeks ya just don't lose.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    You lost a little over 2 lbs per week average, that's perfect! Good work! That whole water weight thing is tricky, especially if you have increased your physical activity or added something new to your workout. Water can mask fat loss. Usually when you lose a large amount quickly it is almost always due to water loss, and when you gain weight inexplicably it is almost always water. It is important to keep the big picture in weight loss. If you continue to see a downward trend, you are in the zone. The first pounds come off the fastest and the last few the slowest. Don't get discouraged.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    A week is nothing, keep eating in a deficit and it will come.
    maidentl wrote: »
    siluridae wrote: »

It's been one week. It's far too early to make assessments about a deficit. Weight loss is not linear, some weeks ya just don't lose.

Yep. Patience is a virtue.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    I routinely lose nothing for 2-3 weeks, then lose 5-7# the next week. As long as I maintain a defect throughout the entire month, I average 1.5-1.75# a week (which usually all leaves at once).
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Yeah, some people tend to lose in the stall-and-whoosh pattern. I think the best explanation is that in some people, as fat cells are emptying of fat, they are retaining more and more water, almost equal to their original volume, and then at some point, the body begins expelling this excess water rapidly. For example, I can have nine days of basically no movement on the scale and then drop three pounds in three days. That's water retention followed by water expulsion.