healthy foods making me gassy.... How do you deal with it

Options
Things like eggs and lettuce seem to make me gassy. I have gas relief pills but I don't want to have to take them all of the time. Is there anything else I can do to make those foods not do that.

Replies

• moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Things like eggs and lettuce seem to make me gassy. I have gas relief pills but I don't want to have to take them all of the time. Is there anything else I can do to make those foods not do that.

Just turn it into a hobby.

Practice fart ventriloquism.

See if you can actually make small animals lose consciousness. Work up to children or even adults.

Farting an entire octave is a nice goal.

I had a friend in college that was actually put on an FBI watchlist after eating eggs.

Seriously? Not a whole lot you can do about it. take the pills. try not to sneeze. Find foods that don't affect you so bad.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    figure out which foods are making you gassy and avoid them. consider getting tested for foods intolerances, like fructose.

i was feeling nauseous and bloated after drinking fruit smoothies, and it turned out I'm fructose intolerant! i've learned which fruits make me the most sick and avoid them. generally, as long as I eat fruit in moderation with other foods, i'm ok. but can't do a fruit smoothie - too much fructose all at once.

you might just need to eat less of certain foods in one meal.
  • i1984
    i1984 Posts: 27
    Options
    Lasted about eight weeks when I changed my eating habits. Now I'm good, currently in week 12.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    it'll pass.

....no, seriously.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    it'll pass.
    ....no, seriously.
    This! And it really will pass; you just have to give your body time to adjust to the extra fiber. You don't have to avoid anything. Your gut "flora and fauna" have to regroup and reorganize for the new foods you are dumping in there. Just takes time. Start with small servings and add to it slowly.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Put a cork in it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I like fart jokes.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Practice your anal kegels to let them out silently. It's all in the clenching technique.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Try reading this article. I love this blog and I read it every time it pops up in my inbox :)
    http://summertomato.com/too-many-vegetables-how-to-prevent-gas-and-digestive-problems-caused-by-healthy-eating/

Hopefully that helps!
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    gas X
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It does pass eventually, but you can always claim that it is a natural defense mechanism until then.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    it will go away

gasmask.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    <
    Just look at my profile pic