Dealing with disappointment...

Options
2»

Replies

• kathyelizabeth87
    kathyelizabeth87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem, I didn't lose for over 3 weeks, active, eating well, in a deficit every day, and then on Friday I lost 8 lbs, seemingly overnight. Very unusual! Only weigh yourself every week, and stick to it. If you know you are eating less and the right foods, you will lose. Just wait it out :)
  • hptravelgal
    hptravelgal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks... This is sooo frustrating
  • hptravelgal
    hptravelgal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Krithsai, thank you for taking the time to send some encouraging words... I did have a pound a week set before, and even THAT wasn't happening....
    I'm trying to get my focus back and stay on track... (Not so easy)... I need to find my motivation and stick to it.... (Keep myself from "getting down" so often). Battling depression on top of everything else really sucks...

I'm thankful for yours and everyone's words of encouragement....
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    malioumba wrote: »
    [
    I'm sorry to hear about that, how did he pass?

Hemorrhagic pancreatitis as a result of a severe gallbladder problem. He was in the hospital in and out of ICU for three months before he died.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic expectations much?

I have no idea why this post was flagged. It's a perfectly valid point.

How much do you have to lose?

How long have you been trying to lose?

How much have you lost so far?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I never lose as I'd like to lose, but all losses are progress! Lose a little, here and there - it all adds up!

If it turns out that now isn't the time to lose weight, then you can always lose it later. You sound like you have your hands very full. Both parents sick at the same time...I can't imagine. I had my hands full with one at a time.

I'll say a prayer for all of you and keep my fingers crossed for those pounds to fall off.