Gloves or grips

Options
Would love to get some recommendations on some gloves. I've dropped a lot of weight and working on weights more and more and my hands are starting to feel it. I use gloves but I'm getting a lot of wear. Any recommendations. I do cardio, running first but then do weights so any ideas would be good please.

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Can't answer your question directly, but gloves are generally not a good idea since they interfere with your grip. They're effectively like using an oversize bar, so you have to have more grip strength than normal. If sweaty hands are your issue, try using chalk or a liquid chalk like "Liquid Grip".
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Scrap the gloves. Hands will toughen up overtime. You'll have better grip strength too.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Chalk. Liquid chalk if your gym won't allow the real stuff.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    no gloves. get grip strength and toughen up.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Another vote for no gloves. You don't need them.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    tracon8 wrote: »
    I do cardio, running first but then do weights so any ideas would be good please.

Now that you're getting more serious about weights, consider doing them first. Lots of posts explain why - basically it's safer and you can push yourself farther.

Oh and try to go without gloves. :+1:
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yeah, gloves are like having Nerf handles on the weights. You can't feel them properly and your balance isn't as good.