Feeling sick after eating

2»

Replies

• KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It could be something serious like gall bladder or gallstones. It could be a delayed after effect of meds. It could be bleeding caused by meds or something else. It could be your diet/nutrition. It could be nothing. But strangers on the internet have no way to know. Best to see a doc or at least call nurse.

I made an appointment for Wednesday, I don't think it's anything serious because it's literally just the sick feeling you get when you may overeat but instead it's happening even with small snacks. I'm thinking it is my medication, because you aren't meant to fully withdraw from the medication however I ran out so I think it may just be a withdrawal symptom or side effect..
  • KT_3009
    Yes, I do. I'm finally going to a new doctor for a full physical and a referral to see a gastro (my last series of doctors ended with telling me to continue to take OTC antacid pills).

It's something GERD related, I believe, but I'm so tired of feeling sick so often.

Yes it definitely isn't fun feeling physically ill for most of the day! Hopefully you can finally find out what you may have wrong.. It's always scary when getting tests and all at first.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    This is how I felt in the few weeks leading up to passing a MASSIVE kidney stone that was more painful than my completely drug-free childbirth.

You NEED to see a doctor.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Stomach virus??? Or Gall Bladder issues? I would go to the doctor.
  • KT_3009
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    This is how I felt in the few weeks leading up to passing a MASSIVE kidney stone that was more painful than my completely drug-free childbirth.

Oh wow, that would've been painful kidney stones aren't fun! I'm all booked in with my doctor but can't see him until Wednesday so unless it gets super bad tomorrow I'll just wait until than! :)
  • KT_3009
    Stomach virus??? Or Gall Bladder issues? I would go to the doctor.

It could be so many things so I will be going to the doctor to get it checked out :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Run to a doctor.
  • KT_3009
    It's 2.40am here in Aus so I will just have to wait until later on to see if I can get an earlier appointment
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »

Oh wow, that would've been painful kidney stones aren't fun! I'm all booked in with my doctor but can't see him until Wednesday so unless it gets super bad tomorrow I'll just wait until than! :)

Maybe you can sip some chicken broth for a few minutes before you eat. It might lessen the initial blow solid food has on an empty stomach;)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    if it's eating, I might say ulcer with nausea and pain. but a doctor would have better knowledge
  • KT_3009
    moyer566 wrote: »
    if it's eating, I might say ulcer with nausea and pain. but a doctor would have better knowledge

Yea I was thinking it may have been a stomach ulcer hopefully I will know after tomorrow if it's anything like that..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Has this been happening for a long time?

Before I started losing weight and logging food, my stomach hurt after I ate VERY frequently. At least once per day. It got to the point where I was very quiet after I ate because I knew people were getting annoyed with me complaining about it.

The only thing I can say that has changed is I eat less bread and oil.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    There are all kinds of reasons that you might get sick when you eat. Gallbladder is the one most people would think of first, because it's so commonly gallbladder when that happens, but that doesn't mean that you have a gallbladder issue or that you can be diagnosed by people who 1) aren't qualified to diagnose you and 2) would have to do it online.

You need to see a doctor, in person, to sort it out.
  • KT_3009
    Kalikel wrote: »
    There are all kinds of reasons that you might get sick when you eat. Gallbladder is the one most people would think of first, because it's so commonly gallbladder when that happens, but that doesn't mean that you have a gallbladder issue or that you can be diagnosed by people who 1) aren't qualified to diagnose you and 2) would have to do it online.

You need to see a doctor, in person, to sort it out.

Yes, I've commented a few times that I've booked in for a doctors appointment tomorrow. I know that sometimes it can be something like indigestion/reflux so I wasn't to worried until it went longer than a week
  • KT_3009
    arditarose wrote: »
    Has this been happening for a long time?

Before I started losing weight and logging food, my stomach hurt after I ate VERY frequently. At least once per day. It got to the point where I was very quiet after I ate because I knew people were getting annoyed with me complaining about it.

The only thing I can say that has changed is I eat less bread and oil.

It's only been the past fortnight that it's gotten to a point where I just feel ill after eating anything. I feel like because I try and fit in 2 meals and snack within 6-8 hours I just feel sick. That's a good idea with the oil and bread I might give it ago if the doctor finds nothing
  • KT_3009
    So apparently it's just a weird side effect from my anxiety medication, so nothing to stress about! Thanks all for recommending to go to a doctor.. Now to just hope it goes away soon :)