18 pounds in 3 weeks

Options
marc8686
marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
Hey all, I am on day 22 of a 30 day challenge to take some time out to exercise every single day. the goal here is to get my lazy self into a HABIT of working out rather than it being a crazy difficult process to force myself to go face the dreaded workout machines. Well, IT WORKS. day 10 or so i started to feel a mental click of it being way easier to get to the gym, now its not difficult at all, i just know i need to do it and i go, no mental ping pong no forcing myself against my own will etc, all the things we experience. Just a natural urge to get the workout in for the day. Im considering a change from my "TNDO (take no day off) 30-Day Challenge" to "TNDO 90-Day challenge". why not? if i can do it for 30 i can do it for 90. discipline baby! check out my youtube channel if you want via my beginning video from 3 weeks ago, just search "the beginning marc adams fitness journey". if you like, subscribe! thanks

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Please do not work out every single day for 90 days. Take one day off per week at the very least. Don't overtrain, you will burn yourself out and not like the consequences. I am very happy for the success you have had, and I hope you keep it up, but it's easier to keep it up if you give yourself a break once in a while. Good luck
  • marc8686
    Options
    Please do not work out every single day for 90 days. Take one day off per week at the very least. Don't overtrain, you will burn yourself out and not like the consequences. I am very happy for the success you have had, and I hope you keep it up, but it's easier to keep it up if you give yourself a break once in a while. Good luck

thank you for your concern, however when doing a 20 minute walk and 15 minutes on a bike, this isnt exactly a workout that burns you out.....this is just simply being active and getting your heart rate up every day. this is more about the formation of a habit and a lifestyle than doing some extreme workout. 90 days in a row of going for a 20 minute walk and 15 minute bike ride would be good for anybody. im sure by the end of 90 days that walk speed or distance would go up as would the bike....but this isnt like im lifting weights or running 3 miles a day
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am on day 22 of a 30 day challenge to take some time out to exercise every single day. the goal here is to get my lazy self into a HABIT of working out rather than it being a crazy difficult process to force myself to go face the dreaded workout machines. Well, IT WORKS. day 10 or so i started to feel a mental click of it being way easier to get to the gym, now its not difficult at all, i just know i need to do it and i go, no mental ping pong no forcing myself against my own will etc, all the things we experience. Just a natural urge to get the workout in for the day. Im considering a change from my "TNDO (take no day off) 30-Day Challenge" to "TNDO 90-Day challenge". why not? if i can do it for 30 i can do it for 90. discipline baby! check out my youtube channel if you want via my beginning video from 3 weeks ago, just search "the beginning marc adams fitness journey". if you like, subscribe! thanks

The habit is so true. I live across the street from a beautiful national park, plus I love to hike.... but I'm not a morning person (I can easily stay up all night, but mornings are murder). Once I get out there in the early summer morning, it's fantastic.... and I want to go out again. Keep it up with your exercise habit. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other. You will end up changing your life. I tell myself that life is for living, not for couching.
  • marc8686
    Options

The habit is so true. I live across the street from a beautiful national park, plus I love to hike.... but I'm not a morning person (I can easily stay up all night, but mornings are murder). Once I get out there in the early summer morning, it's fantastic.... and I want to go out again. Keep it up with your exercise habit. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other. You will end up changing your life. I tell myself that life is for living, not for couching.

agreeing as i sit on my couch :)
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You're doing really well :smile: I'll look forward to see you posting here again in the future with a big success story. :flowerforyou:
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Watching your first video now buddy, feel like im in the same boat. Hopefully you will inspire me to get my *kitten* in shape.
  • marc8686
    Options
    Watching your first video now buddy, feel like im in the same boat. Hopefully you will inspire me to get my *kitten* in shape.
    You got this man, if you're in the same boat I guarantee you could be looking back 3 weeks from now amazed at the mental adjustments you've made by doing nothing but PROVING to yourself you can be a champion and stick to your commitment. At first it was a mile a day creeping along at 2.0 on the treadmill....nothing too crazy. Now I've upped the mile speed to apx 3.0 and added some time on the bike. The best part of this 3 weeks isn't the 18 pounds! I've lost 18 pounds before, the best part is the mental click I've made so I will continue a healthier lifestyle. Do whatever it takes, if you need a reminder just wear my videos out to realize, if THIS guy can do it so can I!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day challenge? congrats, i wish i could lose as much weight in 3 weeks. more me that would take 15
  • marc8686
    Options
    what is the 30 day challenge? congrats, i wish i could lose as much weight in 3 weeks. more me that would take 15
    I call it the "TNDO (take no day off) 30-Day Challenge". It's just an idea I had to force myself into a habit or routine of exercising regularly. They say 3-4 weeks doing something every day it will just become second nature and u won't even have to force yourself to do it anymore. To test this theory I vowed to go out of my way to exercise EVERY day for 30 days. Basically a good idea for someone who has a hard time getting themselves to the gym regularly like I always have. Now in week 4 I feel a natural urge to get my workout in rather than having to force myself to do it.

Oh, and the amt of weight lost is simply because I have SO MUCH left to lose. Ignore the scale, just continually improve your lifestyle and the rest will take care of itself. I'm doing this to have a better lifestyle its not all about losing the weight.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I call it the "TNDO (take no day off) 30-Day Challenge". It's just an idea I had to force myself into a habit or routine of exercising regularly. They say 3-4 weeks doing something every day it will just become second nature and u won't even have to force yourself to do it anymore. To test this theory I vowed to go out of my way to exercise EVERY day for 30 days. Basically a good idea for someone who has a hard time getting themselves to the gym regularly like I always have. Now in week 4 I feel a natural urge to get my workout in rather than having to force myself to do it.

Oh, and the amt of weight lost is simply because I have SO MUCH left to lose. Ignore the scale, just continually improve your lifestyle and the rest will take care of itself. I'm doing this to have a better lifestyle its not all about losing the weight.

thanks for the response. I should try this, because i have difficulty being disciplined! thanks!!!
  • marc8686
    Options

thanks for the response. I should try this, because i have difficulty being disciplined! thanks!!!
    Very welcome. This idea has been very beneficial to me so hopefully it will help you. One disclaimer though, listen to your body, if you're exercising every day for a month you have to pace yourself. You can't do absolutely body rocking workouts every single day without a rest. This can be counterproductive. Another thing I do to help with the accountability is making this challenge public knowledge. Everyone on my Facebook knows I'm doing it and a "TNDO 30--Day Challege: Day XX" self post workout photo is posted all sweaty in the gym with details of what my workout was that day. Ask people to hold you accountable and call you out if they don't see your progress updates....this method really motivated me through the first few weeks.
  • marc8686
    Options
    You're doing really well :smile: I'll look forward to see you posting here again in the future with a big success story. :flowerforyou:
    Thank you for the vote of confidence !! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!