Disappointment

Options
I have my yearly check up today and my goal was to be at 169 when I go in. This morning I was 171.4, but I'm not going to let it get me down. I started at 248, so even though I didn't meet this goal, I STILL FREAKING ROCK and will continue on with my weight loss.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Depending on what time your appt. is you might drop to 169 by then anyway. Especially if you are fasting for blood work.

Great job on your progress and attitude!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nope, I've already done my blood work and the appointment is this afternoon, so it's only going to go up from this morning. But it's ok!
    Thanks for your encouragement
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You should definitely not be disappointed. You are healthier today. You should be PROUD!!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I have my yearly check up today and my goal was to be at 169 when I go in. This morning I was 171.4, but I'm not going to let it get me down. I started at 248, so even though I didn't meet this goal, I STILL FREAKING ROCK and will continue on with my weight loss.

YES YOU DO!!!!!!GREAT JOB!!!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You do ROCK- what a huge change to a healthier you!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    And what did they say? I really hope they were as impressed as you deserve!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You'll be there very soon
  • Mae0217
    Mae0217 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what they said too! I hope they appreciate the dedication it took to lose so much! Great job.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

The nurse called me in, took my weight, BP, etc and commented that I had lost weight since my last visit. I said, yeah, 77 pounds over all. Her jaw dropped and she actually said , "No Sh**?" I showed her a photo of me at my heaviest and she asked me questions about how I have done it, so I told her. As she walked out the door, I heard her tell her co-workers, "You aren't going to believe this!" Brought a huge smile to my face.

Then my Dr. walked in, looked at me and said "Hello, Skinny girl". He was super thrilled for me and we went over my blood test results. EVERY SINGLE TEST SHOWS ME IN THE NORMAL RANGE!!! I asked him what weight he thought I should shoot for and he told me 160 and then see how I feel, if I need to lose more or not would be up to me. I can't believe that I am 11 pounds away. I am so proud of myself, it's a feeling I rarely let myself feel before starting my journey and it feels great.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

The nurse called me in, took my weight, BP, etc and commented that I had lost weight since my last visit. I said, yeah, 77 pounds over all. Her jaw dropped and she actually said , "No Sh**?" I showed her a photo of me at my heaviest and she asked me questions about how I have done it, so I told her. As she walked out the door, I heard her tell her co-workers, "You aren't going to believe this!" Brought a huge smile to my face.

Then my Dr. walked in, looked at me and said "Hello, Skinny girl". He was super thrilled for me and we went over my blood test results. EVERY SINGLE TEST SHOWS ME IN THE NORMAL RANGE!!! I asked him what weight he thought I should shoot for and he told me 160 and then see how I feel, if I need to lose more or not would be up to me. I can't believe that I am 11 pounds away. I am so proud of myself, it's a feeling I rarely let myself feel before starting my journey and it feels great.

Wonderful story. You absolutely do ROCK!

I've got the same thing going on. I wanted to be at exactly 30 more pounds lost since my last appointment 6 months ago, but I hit a stall in October, and I still have a couple pounds to go, so I don't think it's going to happen by my appointment on Friday. Unless I have a whoosh (keeping fingers crossed for a whoosh). So I know how you felt today, but you had a perfect attitude about it, and you blew the office staff away, so congrats, and here's to that next 11. :)
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I forgot, also huge congrats on passing your blood tests with flying colors. That is the best part about it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    You are being super hard on yourself. I think it is silly. You'e done and amazing job..what's a few pounds at this juncture? However.. I'm sure that being tough on yourself is what made you such a great success. Enjoy your accompishment -- that took a lot of hard work.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Amazing work woman!
  • panzerm187
    panzerm187 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job you should be very proud!!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree you do rock!
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I made a plan to get serious tomorrow so it was great to read your success story now to give me a kick in the pants! Great job.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an amazing success story!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!