Loose skin after weight loss....

Options
I lost 80lbs from the time I started weight loss till now which is muscle gain. BUT, I have this stubborn adipose tissue on my tummy that won't seem to tighten with the strength mechanisms I do during workouts. I have muscle, my abs just are toning under the skin...

Does anyone have any tips to get rid of this tissue?

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    It will eventually disappear as you lose body fat all over. Lift heavy, eat well and it'll go.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Time is your friend. Youth is on your side, so the loose skin should eventually tighten up.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If it is adipose tissue, it is fat and not lose skin.

If it is very thin feeling, then it is probably loose skin and time will be your friend. You are young and so have a good chance of it tightening up.

If it is not, then it is fat and you just need to keep losing body fat - time will be your friend with this as well.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If it is adipose tissue, it is fat and not lose skin.

If it is very thin feeling, then it is probably loose skin and time will be your friend. You are young and so have a good chance of it tightening up.

If it is not, then it is fat and you just need to keep losing body fat - time will be your friend with this as well.

Well I suppose its adipose tissue. It's just chilling out over my abs. -_-

I know time is my friend, but when you barely have a lot of body fat you kind of don't have room to lose. But I just want to tighten it for my abs.
  • gem5639
    gem5639 Posts: 90
    Options
    I had been told pile cream works... But not tried it?? X
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You're young and haven't dropped a huge amount of weight. It usually takes a good year to tighten up to your new size if you maintain it. I also heard recently to use a dry skin brush to exfoliate and stimulate new skincell growth.