Starting to increase protein to achieve better results!

Options
I always thought I was eating healthy but I've never thought how much my eating will not give me the results I wanted. I am trying to increase my protein and lowering carbs intake to see better results while doing BBG (Kayla itsines workouts) ..

Feel free to follow me here or Instagram @anagoesfit and if you have any tips on how to increase protein let me know!!!!

Ana

Replies

• Bubbah
    Bubbah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating baked chicken and tuna?
  • anagoesfit
    anagoesfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many times a day you think I should have it? I do eat chicken and steak
  • tararooksby
    tararooksby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, protein bars, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are my go-tos. And I started drinking more milk. Lunch salads with a large cut up marinated chicken breast also gets it done. It's challenging once you have a number goal (mine is 160 grams) but if you're proactive throughout the day and plan you can make it happen.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're logging or not (can't see your diary), but it would help to know your approx calorie intake. You look plenty lean, but you don't have much in the way of definition, so I'd say you need to (1) lift heavy (2) eat more. For example, http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero . Not personally familiar with BBG, and since it looks to be some bloody pay-for program, I can't just look it over and see what's being recommended. If BBG has a decent amount of strength training, a protein intake of around 0.8 grams per lb of body weight would be more than enough protein, but you'd also need enough calories in general to fuel the muscle gain.
  • anagoesfit
    Options
    I think you are so right! I feel like i don't eat enough but I'm scared to eat more cause I don't want to gain weight ..maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks a lot for the tip!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I also like hard-boiled eggs as a snack. Eggs, tomato and some cheese makes a nice cold snack plate :)

And lots of beans at meals. I don't like meat very much, so I tend to have a hard time getting in my protein, too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    anagoesfit wrote: »
    ... if you have any tips on how to increase protein let me know!!!!

Ana

Hi Ana,

If you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings we can give you tips tailored to your current eating habits.

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I think you are so right! I feel like i don't eat enough but I'm scared to eat more cause I don't want to gain weight ..maybe I'm missing something.

Yup, you're focusing on the scale way, way too much. If you want to look good, focus on getting strong -- muscle is good weight to have, especially if you want to look good in a bikini :smile:
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Your body really doesn't store protein for later use (except as muscle tissue), and it really can't utilize much more than about 30 grams per meal. So it's good to begin your day with a little protein, have some more multiple times during the day, and then again right before going to bed. Non-fat Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia is an excellent low-calorie source, as are egg whites, chicken breast meat, and of course, when protein powder. And don't forget about low-fat or non-fat milk...1 gram of protein per fluid ounce.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Hadabetter wrote: »
    Your body really doesn't store protein for later use (except as muscle tissue), and it really can't utilize much more than about 30 grams per meal. So it's good to begin your day with a little protein, have some more multiple times during the day, and then again right before going to bed. Non-fat Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia is an excellent low-calorie source, as are egg whites, chicken breast meat, and of course, when protein powder. And don't forget about low-fat or non-fat milk...1 gram of protein per fluid ounce.

That old wives' tale about 30g has been debunked. See this article by Alan Aragon where he explains it and analyzes several scientific studies which prove it false.
  • anagoesfit
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ... if you have any tips on how to increase protein let me know!!!!

Ana

Hi Ana,

If you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings we can give you tips tailored to your current eating habits.

I just changed to public. Thank you!!!