Questions About My Diet Plan

2»

Replies

• paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Your body needs consistent nutrition so you need to balance your meals with everything every meal.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    valmeeoow wrote: »
    Also, I am a vegan and tofu makes me extremely sick so I can't really add anything to my salads.

This seems overly restrictive then. Where are you getting your protein? How about nuts or eggs?

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Also, I am a vegan and tofu makes me extremely sick so I can't really add anything to my salads.

This seems overly restrictive then. Where are you getting your protein? How about nuts or eggs?

Or beans and rice.....beans & chickpeas are great on salad.
  • Sarajvz
    Sarajvz Posts: 30 Member
    Eat whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you weigh it and you are meeting your caloric deficit :)

Life is to short to needlessly have such a restricted diet! Like acheben said, if it works for you, great. But if it doesn't, don't be afraid to tweak things!

This.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I am thankful to ones one who aren't rude on here. For those who have helpful information, thank you so much. To those just being rude and saying I'm setting my body up for disaster, it's actually better than I have been eating. I'm in the process of eating disorder recovery, they are helping me but it is hard. Also, I am a vegan and tofu makes me extremely sick so I can't really add anything to my salads.
    I am thankful to ones one who aren't rude on here. For those who have helpful information, thank you so much. To those just being rude and saying I'm setting my body up for disaster, it's actually better than I have been eating. I'm in the process of eating disorder recovery, they are helping me but it is hard. Also, I am a vegan and tofu makes me extremely sick so I can't really add anything to my salads.

You don't need tofu to add things to your salad. Vegan sources of protein include beans, seitan, and grains -- all of which can be added to salads easily. If it isn't about soy and it's just tofu, you can also consider adding tempeh to your salads.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »

Vegans wouldn't eat eggs, but there are still many options for protein including beans, grains, and seitan. If tofu (not soy) is the issue, then tempeh could also be used.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Also, seitan would be a good source of protein if you can tolerate gluten. And as mentioned, you should be discussing your diet with your recovery team; to me, it still seems overly restrictive, which they may be concerned with.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member

I don't think they are trying to hurt your feelings, just keep you from jumping into something most people can't sustain. You should try adding chai seeds to a vinaigrette dressing on your salad, or chopped walnuts and dried berries, or raw sunflower seeds. I agree with others that you may be lacking fats and proteins in this plan. Maybe you could try adding coconut oil to your coffee for a little more fat in the morning, I have heard some folks saying they do that. Good luck!