Reliable brand of treadmills?

Options
I've been looking into getting a treadmill for my house for the past few months. I know I want something that can reach 12mph/incline and can have an mp3 device plugged in through AUX/USB. I've read many reviews and I mostly see good ones with the occasional bad. I just don't know which brand these days is reliable. Any suggestions or user experience would be appreciated.

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a Horizon Treadmill which was purchased for me as a gift at Dick's about 8 years ago. All in all, I am happy with it. The brand generally gets pretty good reviews as being a good value. It has been very reliable and does the basics of what I need it for. However, my particular model only goes up to 10mph and it does not feel particularly stable at that speed. They do make models that have speed capability up to 12 mph, but I would suggest that you research the stability at that speed if you plan to purchase one.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We use Precor at the University I work at, they seem to take abuse well.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have a Sole F63, bought from Sole at a steal 6 months ago. It takes abuse from me pretty well.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've used treadmills before, just needed some more incite on reliable and affordable ones that meet my needs. I've been looking into that Sole F63 and it's looking pretty good.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've got a Pacemaster Silver that has served my family very well but the specs on the Sole look pretty good (even though I'd have reservations about the long term durability of a folding treadmill)