When you binge do you ...

Options
2»

Replies

• MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Artemiris wrote: »
    Every time it happens that I eat more one day, the next day I think: ok, today I am going to eat 500/1000 calories less!!
    No way, it never happens. Actually, the more I tell myself that I have to restrict myself, the more I risk to over-eat again.

There is some great advice given here. But this quote is gold!
    I've gone through too many cycles of binge eating & restricting my calories afterwards, which then led to more binge eating. I would then feel terrible about the situation, give up on weight loss and binge some more.

Binging will happen - maybe ask yourself why?

Have some lemon water the next day and get back on track
    Just don't give up.
    This is a marathon, not a sprint (sadly)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MariliaPa wrote: »
    Every time it happens that I eat more one day, the next day I think: ok, today I am going to eat 500/1000 calories less!!
    No way, it never happens. Actually, the more I tell myself that I have to restrict myself, the more I risk to over-eat again.

There is some great advice given here. But this quote is gold!
    I've gone through too many cycles of binge eating & restricting my calories afterwards, which then led to more binge eating. I would then feel terrible about the situation, give up on weight loss and binge some more.

Binging will happen - maybe ask yourself why?

Have some lemon water the next day and get back on track
    Just don't give up.
    This is a marathon, not a sprint (sadly)

Binge eating isn't always a "why" sometimes it's a party or dinner out etc. nothing out of the ordinary.

and what does the lemon water do?????
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

The curious thing is that, if I know that one day I will be going to eat more, I find it easier to eat less on a previous day.

The moral is: if you can plan it ahead is good. Otherwise, don't punish yourself and simply go back to your routine the day after.

This! You have a built in deficit. You'll make up for it eventually. By trying to make up for it you'll just end up restricting too much and binging again.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just log it and move on. :smile:
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I move on. It would be kind of hard to try to eat less than 1300 calories in a day in my situation.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    For me, if I've had a high calorie day, it seems I'm not really as hungry the day after. This is probably easier for me to maintain because I do some form of cardiovascular exercise 5 days a week (if not walking, then jogging) and I really dislike feeling full when I'm doing cardio. I find my cardio sessions more rewarding when I'm a little hungry.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice
    Thank you all :)