Need to replace lost fitbit, what fitness tracker to buy next?

Options
It really makes me angry the way I lost my fitbit. Dark out tonight, forgot to zip up my bag all the way up. It fell out between the time I was getting out of the work shuttle, to the train station. So It has been swiped or run over by a vehicle now. The guy at work checked not in the shuttle :(

I have been using the Fitbit Charge HR.

I have been thinking of the the Surge for a while now. Since it has a built in GPS, 3-axis accelerometers and 3-axis gyroscope.

I was thinking of the Apple watch sport but it cost an additional $140 + depending on the size.

I am looking for something what a heart rate monitor, track steps, exercise, can also use for outdoor cycling, Something that syncs with MFP.

I am looking for opinions on what fitness tracker you would recommend I should go for.

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Do you still have your receipt for your Fitbit? I have heard that their customer support is really good and quite generous with issuing replacements, even if it's not an issue with the Fitbit. Someone on here got a replacement because her puppy chewed on her Charge HR. Why not try contacting them - worth a shot, right?
  • ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Do you still have your receipt for your Fitbit? I have heard that their customer support is really good and quite generous with issuing replacements, even if it's not an issue with the Fitbit. Someone on here got a replacement because her puppy chewed on her Charge HR. Why not try contacting them - worth a shot, right?

Don't have it anymore. Had the Charge HR for 8 months
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Is the heart rate monitor providing any data that you utilize? If not, I've been happy with my misfit Shine and they recently released a Shine 2 with improved 3-axis accelerometers and 3-axis gyroscope.
    Misfit gets some of the best sleep tracking reviews/results. Can't really say I do anything with that info but the deep / light sleep distinction is interesting.
  • JenDetermined
    JenDetermined Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Surge is NOT waterproof. I love mine, but I have to be SO careful with it even with sweat. It fogged up the face just running a 7 mile run on a dry day. Had to put it in rice for a while. Have you looked at Garmin? They have a number of GPS watches with steps tracking and at least one has HR in the wrist band. They Have a vivofit tracker with heart rate too. Not sure if they have the gyroscope etc in that particular piece. Their computer based (vs smartphone) webpage has easy product comparison to find the features important to you.
  • ae92jay
    Options
    I found it on the road one this morning in the pouch I had it in. The black piece is broken can't cycle through the settings. Bluetooth can't read it.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anything that tracks cycling well. I didn't have good luck with the Fitbits that do HR. I tested them with a HRM on a treadmill and the Charge and Surge HR data didn't make much sense.

I personally would just use a chest-strap HRM for when I want to track my cycling or HR for interval purposes (or just manually log cycling) and whatever pedometer tracker I wanted for my daily life. Considering how much more a tracker with HR costs, you could just buy the two tools separately.

I recently got a Withings Activite Pop and I like it but it has much fewer bells and whistles than Fitbits. I kind of like the simplicity, after years of Fitbits. And it's a cute watch I'd wear regardless, unlike Fitbits. It wasn't cheap, though.
  • Dball0227
    Dball0227 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just call fitbit they will replace it. They replaced my broken flex after the warranty was up. Their customer service is great. I believe you have a 1 year warranty.

Also you don't need a receipt, well I didn't either I just gave them the approximate date of purchase and the store.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'd just call fitbit, had nothing but great customer service. I bet they will issue you a brand new one if you tell them how much you like the product and what really happened. If they don't I'd just buy a non HR charge, and then a chest mounted HRM for when you want to track that data.
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Fitbit replaced my Charge after 8-9 months even without my receipt. They also didn't require I return the old one. I would just give them a call or use their web live chat.
  • ae92jay
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I sent an email, hopefully they call me back and are able to replace it for me. If not I will have to save up and decided what to get next. Right now I am leaning towards the Surge.