Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Last 10lbs; help!

JewelyArielle
JewelyArielle Posts: 12 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I feel the need to reach out for my last 10 pounds. I slowly see myself sliding back into old habits and I'd love some motivation. I run everyday and eat mostly raw vegan... but I feel like my cravings have been coming back and my motivation has drastically fallen down. I'm not sure if it's because I've lost 30lbs and I enjoy what I look like now or it's just one of those humps. Anyone else feeling the same? What do you do for motivation? I'm so close to my goal I don't want to revert back
--- Add me if you'd like!

Replies

• Monistar09
    Monistar09 Posts: 8 Member
    You are pretty inspirational to have lost 30 pounds. Keep logging. The responses are pretty motivating. What kind of raw vegan do you eat?
  • JewelyArielle
    Thank you :)

I follow a raw till four diet. So I eat raw fruits and veggies all day until dinner then I eat a high carb, low fat, cooked meal (normally like rice/potatoes/pasta).
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    I'm not as far as you, so I didn't think any of my advice would really be helpful, but I didn't want to scroll away before congratulating you on your losses! You've done awesome! Congratulations in 30 down!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    I feel the need to reach out for my last 10 pounds. I slowly see myself sliding back into old habits and I'd love some motivation. I run everyday and eat mostly raw vegan... but I feel like my cravings have been coming back and my motivation has drastically fallen down. I'm not sure if it's because I've lost 30lbs and I enjoy what I look like now or it's just one of those humps. Anyone else feeling the same? What do you do for motivation? I'm so close to my goal I don't want to revert back
    --- Add me if you'd like!

Exactly the same!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    edited November 2015
    Maybe the raw vegan diet is tiring you. Can you try and stick to your caloric goals whilst eating more cooked foods and small portions of whatever it is that you crave?

Also, congrats on the 30 lbs lost! Fantastic job!
  • ReflectivePhase
    ReflectivePhase Posts: 17 Member
    Same here, trying to lose 10lb (already lost 28lb) keep going! you've done well. log everything you eat, drink plenty of green tea and water between meals.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Sinking into old habits. ....its not good :)
  • JewelyArielle
    Same here, trying to lose 10lb (already lost 28lb) keep going! you've done well. log everything you eat, drink plenty of green tea and water between meals.

Oh I gotta try to drink more tea! That's a great idea! Thank you!
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    I took a few weeks off, ate what I wanted, then weighed myself. Gained a few pounds (no surprise). Now I'm as motivated as ever. Sometimes taking a little break can be a good thing.
  • modestguineapig
    modestguineapig Posts: 23 Member
    I am feeling the same. I have lost 22lb, and have 8 more until my goal weight. I have been losing at a rate of about 1lb a week, so I decided this week to take a little break and try 0.5lb a week. So far, it has felt weird to have that extra wiggle room...I am going to re-evaluate in a week or two. My best motivation is always asking myself, "Can I do it [log, eat at a deficit, exercise] today?" I focus on getting through the day and don't worry about how long it has taken or how much more time I have until goal weight. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Food scale!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    I have 7 lbs to go. I was finding myself stuck, so I googled around and found a program that didn't have limitations. Sure enough, with the amount of exercise I was doing, I'd have had to cut another 300 calories out at this point to lose even 1 lb a week.

So obviously, something had to give. I'm cut another 100 calories off the daily goal and increased exercise. And yes, bam.......scales dropped. I just had lost my zone.

I think you have to fiddle around to find that sweet spot again.
  • JewelyArielle
    Yeah, Marcy that is probably what I have to do. I think I'm going to change up my work out routine a bit. Maybe that'll help.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    There's another thread here on "how did you pick your goal weight." I don't know what your goal weight / BMI / body fat % / physique is, but perhaps its time to re-evaluate how and why you chose that weight (possibly with the help of a physician and/or nutritionist). There's a reason that the "healthy weight" range is a range, because individuals vary greatly.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    MSDave wrote: »
    I took a few weeks off, ate what I wanted, then weighed myself. Gained a few pounds (no surprise). Now I'm as motivated as ever. Sometimes taking a little break can be a good thing.

Yeah, consider eating at maintenance for a week or two! Take a little break and then get going again :)
  • JewelyArielle
    I'll try to not be as strict and see if that helps
    brb2008 wrote: »
    MSDave wrote: »

Yeah, consider eating at maintenance for a week or two! Take a little break and then get going again :)

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You may need more protein.
  • JewelyArielle
    I've been pretty good with my protein. But I'll try and eat more and see if that helps.
  • JewelyArielle
    I think I got too caught up in the number! I let things go and I've been slowly losing weight still. It isn't coming off as fast and I just was being way too controlling about it. If I lose the last 8lbs great! If not I really don't care. I feel great, I look great and I generally eat very well now.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Good for you my friend- it WILL come off but the less you have to lose the slower it becomes. At least that is true for me. I have about 20 more lbs to go and it is slow but it is surely coming off and for that i am grateful!