Can't stand breakfast! Help!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't want a heavy breakfast, but I get hangry without food -- I find that a hard-boiled egg or two with some salt/pepper/interesting fresh-ground seasoning blend works well for that. Basically a little protein and fat helps me feel full enough but not full -- lots of carbs tend to make me hungrier then bloated (and I am not at all a low-carb person, but this is specifically an issue on days when I need something light for breakfast).

You should do what works for you!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating breakfast at home, pack a snack to eat at work sometime before lunch.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it then. I rarely eat breakfast and when I do it's something very small (coffee plus a snack consisting of 100-200 calories) and it's later in the morning around 10 or so. Also, if you WANT to eat breakfast, but don't like traditional breakfast foods, eat whatever you do like. Nobody said you had to eat breakfast foods for breakfast.
  • katie1318
    katie1318 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try just a single sunny-side up egg over sautéed greens (I usually do spinach) with fruit on the side. Not overly-filling but still satisfying.
    Or you could do just a single serving of oats (1/2 cup) with cinnamon and stevia or brown sugar. It's pretty satiating without being bloating.
    Side note: these are both pretty low-cal (maybe too low-cal), so you may want to plan a snack for an hour or so after you eat
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast either, what's the point in eating if you're not hungry?.

Save the calories for later in the day when you will enjoy them!.

I read a while back that breakfast was basically forced on people by the companies advertising their products, most important meal of the day (for their profits)..
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Have something small... yogurt and a fruit, smoothie.

Also saving cals for later is good too
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Breakfast just weighs me down for the day. If I have anything it'll be a shake, or a yogurt and some walnuts if I have it which isn't usual.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It sounds like OP wants to eat breakfast (she says she feels not so good waiting until lunchtime) but doesn't react well to breakfast food.

So don't eat breakfast food, OP.

I used to be too disorganized to cook in the morning and not like any quick breakfast options, so I started eating leftover dinner. Now I like eggs (or occasionally oatmeal), but I still go through stages where I want a salad or leftovers. Had a pork loin, apple, and some green beans for breakfast on Monday.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't have to eat typical "breakfast food" - eat what you like, something that doesn't make you bloated. :)
    I wish I hadn't fallen for my boyfriend's advice to eat breakfast every day. I used to not eat until dinner time, and I wouldn't even get hungry throughout the day. Now that I've been used to eating breakfast and lunch, I can only go until 10 or 11am without eating.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    it does not have to be breakfast food. it can be any food you enjoy. I happen to agree with eat heaviest in the morning and lighten up as the day goes on but that is just me.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    If you want to add breakfast into ypour day try smoothies.Thats the only food I could tolerate in the morning when i needed to add an earlier breakfast to my day. I did Greek yogurt or cottage cheese base with protein powder, almond milk or water, spinach, frozen fruit.