does anyone on here eat what they like but just count calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No food is off limits. Everything in moderation.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    cheesyP wrote: »
    Like candy,juice,fried foods?

Can you give me advice

I only eat foods I like, and I eat fewer calories than I burn. Simple as that.

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I tried to look at your diet, but it is private. Literally, cookies and ice cream every, single day? I was curious. Haha. I'm not a big fan.

I do have an ice cream sandwich almost every day for my snack - 160 calories, so it fits well with the ~200 calories I save for snacking each day.

I also eat french fries a lot, although I bake them rather than fry them. About 200 calories, and it serves as a good side for a protein option. For example, today those fries were the side that went with my chicken entree.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

Or, you can "bank" calories and really splurge one day if you want. It all balances out. See my August 1st diary if you think you are limited on what you eat or drink.

Haha.. Looks like my Halloween... Open bar weddings are a nightmare for moderation... Lol
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I count calories, I have lost almost 100 pounds...today my diary includes, pizza and an ice cream snickers bar, taco salad and a "diet" cupcake. some days I eat lower calorie foods some days not.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    ...I have times I want to eat the things I want without any (or at least little) moderation involved. When they have the food trucks at a local brewery is one such type of day. So I get up, don't eat, work out hard and go there hungry and with a calorie allotment of 3000 or more calories in hand to break even for the day. And I have a couple beers, eat some good food, and don't feel guilty.

Or, you can "bank" calories and really splurge one day if you want. It all balances out. See my August 1st diary if you think you are limited on what you eat or drink.

Re: the bold above - I don't even worry or feel guilty about it. If I decide to splurge once in a while, I splurge - then log it, move on and get back on the horse the next day. If it sets my goals back a day or two, so be it...we only get one pass at life and I'm here to enjoy it. The "big secret" is to make those days the rare exception rather than the rule, lol! ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    lilyrunner wrote: »
    I count calories, and portion sizes. I do eat what I want except no white bread, no soda (diet or otherwise) and no added sugar.

For me eating what I want includes white toast every morning (similar values to wholemeal but fewer calories), also as an after work snack, I also drink diet sodas daily and eat cookies and ice cream

I also count calories, watch my protein macro and nutritional spread and eat cookies and ice cream daily

Different strokes for different people

I tried to look at your diet, but it is private. Literally, cookies and ice cream every, single day? I was curious. Haha. I'm not a big fan.

@Verity1111

I've set my diary to public - go wild :)

I regularly go over by around 1-2000 calories per week as I am trying to achieve maintenance