Options
2»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    jim180155 wrote: »
    Freak out. It's not water weight. Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon. Water weighed 8.34 pounds per gallon last week, and it'll weigh 8.34 pounds next week.

Nothing has changed. Freak out.

Right...because we all maintain the exact same volume of water in our bodies at all times!! Time to panic!!

You didn't know that we each have exactly one gallon of water in our bodies?

Well I actually have 1 1/2, but that's only because I'm Batman.

I'd say more like aqua-man. Can I ride your sea horse?

692fe2d736eab9cfe7e9293afd1d02c3.jpg

Take it how ever you would like, I'd ask some follow-ups, but this isn't the correct forum.

LOL right!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    We NEVER see a thread that says "Help! I lost 3 pounds in 5 days. How is this possible when I'm eating at a 500/day deficit and eating back half my exercise cals. I'm not starving myself or anything. That would mean I had a deficit of 10,000 cals in 5 days." LOL
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I gained that exact amount last week and realized I was growing a third arm on my right side. I would definitely consider freaking out if I were you. Or it might be water weight.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I gained that exact amount last week and realized I was growing a third arm on my right side. I would definitely consider freaking out if I were you. Or it might be water weight.

But that could be useful. For example, you could play video games and scratch your nose without pausing.
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's exactly why I stopped being a slave to the scale. Spread out your scale visits. If weight keeps rising, then either you're not counting accurately, or there's something else going on.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I gained three pounds since yesterday. Meh, whatever. It doesn't matter, day to day. Trend it out by weighing yourself weekly.
    Plus you already said you know it's water weight, so what's the big deal?