Anyone here close to their goal?

Options
I didn't actually have that much weight to lose (32 pounds from start weight to goal weight), I have 19 left and it's HARD WORK.

Is anyone in a similar boat? Really interested in getting a few more people on the last leg of their journey onto my friends list!

I try to get to know everybody and to comment on people's updates/interact as much as is humanly possible. The more friends the merrier - please feel free to drop me an add or leave a comment here :)

regards,

b

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 lbs so far. I have about 8 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight. It has gotten so hard lately! I get discouraged when I do not see the scale moving. But I sometime just need to take a look at the big picture and be happy with my progress so far. I am in need of some advice also with regards to any helpful tips or ideas to help me reach my goal. I exercise regularly (4-5 times per week) and eat pretty clean. Of course I have my off days.... but then I try to get back on track. One thing that I need to start doing again is logging all of my food! That really helped me in the beginning. I am open to any suggestions! Thanks and good luck to the OP. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Pam :)
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi I lost 50 and have another 12 to 15 to go. Painfully slow going but I know I'll get to where I want to be. Feel free to add otherwise good luck!
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Im trying to reduce my body fat%. the 1st few weeks it came down quickly but the lower i get the harder it becomes.

I think its just a natural progression you level off the closer you get to your goal.
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the end point is, but I reckon I'm about 72 down with 15 to go. Sure it gets harder, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it :)
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I know it's a slow process - I'm in no rush. It would just be nice to have some more people around that are in a similar boat to me :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I lost the 50 fairly easy, and it got harder as I went along the next 40. At this point, I'm working on reducing body fat (I'm at healthy, but I want to get down to athletic, in the mid to high teens) and it has been slow going. Getting there, but slow. As you have fewer fat reserves available, it's harder to make your body burn the fat you want it to.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey! I have 7lbs left until I reach my goal but I when I get there I may review it!! I'll let you know how it goes. Feel free to add me.
  • Jensenwellington
    Jensenwellington Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I had about 66 pounds to lose when I first started, now I have about 17 pounds to go, so almost there! I just want to maintain that weight when I get there, for me (as for most people I think) that will especially be the hard part. I hope to build up at healthy relationship with my food these last few steps towards my goal weight :-)

Good luck to all my fellow Fitpals :happy:
  • mdoyle28
    mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am here as well, gets me quite discouraged...I quit smoking 15 months ago and gained 20lbs, I started my "lifestyle change"(dont't like the word diet) in November at 186, now float between 151-154, goal is 145. I am 5'8 medium frame so yes at a healthy weight but just really want the 145 and toner and healthy and it is not easy.....I have been 151-154 for almost a month.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm about 2lbs off! :D
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have lost 29 pounds in a year and a half. So it has been nothing but slow. I have 4lbs to get to set goal. Things that have helped me are cutting my sugar limit, in generally moving more and of course logging no matter what!

To stay accountable, some people have their diaries open but I was feeling too self conscious over it and wouldn't log late night snacks so I closed it because I am doing this for me. Also having positive friends in real life and on MFP. I had someone on here and everything she posted was negative, even when she lost weight she would complain it wasn't enough that week.
    Anyways!
    For motivation through a season I buy something in the beginning that is a little tight and try it one on once in a while to see the difference. With summer here it's a bikini and some cute dresses that last year were just a little too snug. For winter jackets that have a belt of some sort are great, I use to feel I was busting the seams of a button up jacket with a tie belt and I kinda looked prego (though I wasn't). When I had it on last I almost cried because it helped accentuate my hourglass figure.

This is getting way long, but remember everyone is different so some things work while other things might not.
  • gfaulds83
    gfaulds83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi all :)
    I have at least 68lbs to lose ... just started mfp so any help would be greatly recieved... I have already lost 28lbs on another diet but its took me a year so i thought i'd try something tottaly different x
    Gary x
  • kaybristow01
    kaybristow01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs since February and have around another 10lbs to go. I think I've been quite lucky as my weight loss has always been pretty consistent but I have no doubt that is pretty likely to change now so I've given myself a goal of around 6 months to lose the last 10lbs :)
  • cheeky_charlie_94
    cheeky_charlie_94 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hey, a few months ago i found out i'd lost 11lb without even knowing it. I felt so ood i binged on food and have now gained 9lb. Just starting to try and lose it. I know i'm not at the end of my goal bur necause its only a small amount i find it difficult to lose.
    All the best to you and hope you reach your goal soon :)
  • cheeky_charlie_94
    cheeky_charlie_94 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hey, a few months ago i found out i'd lost 11lb without even knowing it. I felt so ood i binged on food and have now gained 9lb. Just starting to try and lose it. I know i'm not at the end of my goal bur necause its only a small amount i find it difficult to lose.
    All the best to you and hope you reach your goal soon :)
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It is definitely harder but stay strong! It took me less than 6 months to lose my first 3 stone and a further 6 months to lose the last 1 stone. I eventually got there, you can too :) xx
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    Definitely slow going.... I've lost 13 pounds in 3+ months. But we're getting there.

About to go through and add you guys :)
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have about 20 more that I'd like to lose. The last year has been a killer for me... somewhere along the lines I lost my mojo. I am pleased to announce, IT HAS RETURNED! Now I'm just ready to kick the last bit of this fat in the *ss.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've never been completely outside of a healthy BMI, but I am not at my healthiest, 25 YO F, 5'6" 145, small/medium framed. Between 130 and 135 is when I've looked and felt my best, but its tough!! You can add me if you like friend :)