Anyone know much an empty tub of Ben and Jerry's weighs?

Options
Hi everyone

Very random question(!) but does anyone know how much a Ben and Jerry's empty tub weighs? Got 150 odd grams of a tub left and want to work out how many grams are actually ice cream so I can log it for tomorrow night.

For anyone in the UK, I finally found Cinammon Buns in my local Tesco tonight.... have been looking for it for weeks, and can't believe it's actually been released in the UK after all this time!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just put the ice cream in a bowl and then weigh the empty container?
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Cheers for the reply - 'cause I would like to log it for tomorrow now and know how many other cals I've got to play with.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Right... and you can put it in a bowl with a lid and weigh the container. I think you're making it out to be way harder than it is.
  • David_2015
    Options
    I find that most empty ice cream containers are anywhere from 19 to 23g. Not sure about Ben and Jerry's though.

Thanks!!
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nevermind. Misread.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the empty container is 12-14 grams. I'm shocked I can't recall the exact number. I would estimate it as 12 and adjust tomorrow.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Log in the entire weight as ice cream now and ajdust once you're done with the net weight.
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    No
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the empty container is 12-14 grams. I'm shocked I can't recall the exact number. I would estimate it as 12 and adjust tomorrow.

I've never had an empty ice cream container that small! Are you referring to the little cups?

Nope a pint. I have a pint almost empty so weighed it after I scooped out the ice cream.

Official answer: 16 grams.
  • David_2015
    Options
    No

I've never had an empty ice cream container that small! Are you referring to the little cups?

Nope a pint. I have a pint almost empty so weighed it after I scooped out the ice cream.

Thanks very much!
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    No

Thanks very much!

No problem. That's without the lid by the way.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to conduct a study on this...you know...for science and all.

Everyone needs to send me their Ben & Jerry's containers (preferably with ice cream still in them). I will use my soon-to-be patented juggernaut ice cream removal system to empty the containers and weigh them.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Make you a deal, you buy it, I'll eat it and let you know what the empty carton weighs.
  • David_2015
    Options
    Done! (it weighed 24g with lid btw)
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    I'm willing to conduct a study on this...you know...for science and all.

Everyone needs to send me their Ben & Jerry's containers (preferably with ice cream still in them). I will use my soon-to-be patented juggernaut ice cream removal system to empty the containers and weigh them.

You shall pry the B&J pints from my cold, dead hands! Well except for Pumpkin Cheesecake, it's awful. Total let down.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just take how many grams of ice cream that shows on the label of a full pint, then subtract that from how much the pint, container and all, weighs on the scale. The difference will be the weight of the container.