Weight restoration anorexia recovery

Options
Hi guys. I have been in recovery for almost a month now. So far I have gained around 15 lbs! But I'm unsure what this really means? I feel huge but is this actual weight or still water weight? I have only been on a 1600 calorie diet so I feel like I'm gaining weight super quickly. How long does weight restoration take? And will my metabolism start increasing more than this? Any advice or facts would be really helpful!!!!!!

Replies

• dwick1017
    dwick1017 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear! It is hard to say how long weight restoration will take. It depends on your goals. And your metabolism is probably faster than you think. You were underweight so your body is just holding on to weight as much as possible right now. You are not consuming an abundance of calories so you do not have to worry about gaining excessive weight once you reach an optimal weight for your body type the weight gain will stop assuming you are eating the same amount of calories.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    These all sound like questions for your dr. Great progress so far :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well done for starting your recovery.

Who set the 1600 for you? It seems very low as a recovery amount. Are you meant to be weighing yourself as well?
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,995 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

To reply, please reply to this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10282992/super-low-heart-rate#latest

At our discretion, this closed discussion may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.