Guilty feelings?

okay so I like to stay in my Macros and calories. 1700 and 45 carbs 30 protein and 25 fat; so I usually follow this pretty well but today I just wanted a little something extra, so j had a banana on top of my 1700, I know I know bananas are good, but I do have guilty feelings for it; am I being too much? Like it completely messes with my macros and puts the carbs way higher and I know it's a banana but calories are calories; am I being stupid? Is it not that big of a deal? Or is it understandable that I feel guilty?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You shouldn't feel guilty. You can either move on, or eat "x" amount of calories less tomorrow.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Sometimes our bodies need some extra calories. You shouldn't feel guilty over food, whether it's a banana or a piece of chocolate.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    The issue isn't so much the actual food you ate, whether it be a banana, ice cream, potato, steak...whatever. You went over your calories, which is definitely going to happen from time to time. It isn't a big deal, and most likely will keep you in deficit anyway (depending on your weight loss goals and pace).
    I personally wouldn't stress the macros either. Those numbers are not nearly as important as the calories. You can fine tune when you get better at eating consistently.
    Some guilt is common, but if a banana is going to keep you up at night with worry....that isn't good!
    Keep things simple, thinking too much will lead to failure. Keep eating as close to your goal as possible and don't worry about minor indiscretions.
    Keep it up. good luck
  • nataliehuller
    nataliehuller Posts: 13 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm not trying to lose weight per say, I'm actually trying to gain muscle, but I still don't want to go over my calories, I want to do it in a healthy way though
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    So you're in maintenance or a surplus and you went slightly over because you ate a banana...It's okay.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    No, it's not that big of a deal. Try not to get emotional over food. It serves no purpose. Going over your calories is just that: You went over your calories.

It's not the end of the world. :)