I have logged for 60 days but no weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 67 years old I've been logging in my calories for 60 days I've only lost and gained the same 3 pounds. I'm 5'3 inches tall and I weigh 155 . I simply want to get down to 145 but it just is not happening for me. I have a 1200 cal intake daily. Should I Change my calorie intake to 1000 cal Per day? I exercise almost daily for at least a half hour to 45 minutes.

Some easy fixes would be reducing the amount of cooking oil or fats, if you eat any processed foods, swap them out with more whole foods (more filling with less cals) and also increasing your exercise time or intensity.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, 5'2", so I feel your pain! I had to find the zone for myself as to what really worked. One thing I did discover was that I had to remember to count all the extra non-food calories, too.......like creamer in coffee, etc.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Have you done your BMR/TDEE calculations? I'm 166, 5'4 and my BMR is around 1450 so if you are only eating 1200 calories and then exercising on top of that, you're probably not eating enough. I was basically doing exactly what you're doing and not losing. I upped my calories to 1500-1600 depending on exercise and started losing. It is worth saying that I also weigh everything I eat. Tighten up your logging.... maybe try eating back half your exercise calories and you should see a difference.

Me too^^^. I came on MFP with about 10 lbs to lose. I set my goal too high at 1,1/2 lbs per week and kept losing and gaining the same 3 lbs until a board regular told me to change my settings to 1/2 lb per week and eat back 1/2 my exercise calories. That took me from eating about 1200 calories per day to between 1500-1700 calories per day. I'm down 7 lbs in the last 60 days with only 4 more lbs to go. Eat More Lose Weight
    Gotta love it!!!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I think the most common error I see people making (myself included) is underestimating how much we are eating / over estimating exercise calories and eating them back.[/b]

That flow chart is amazing and o struggled to lose weight in the past - invested in a scale and started to lose weight. Was shocked at how much I was actually eating vs how much i thought I was eating.
    So true! When I actually started logging and weighing I realized I was eating a LOT of calories.

I actually had the opposite problem. I had heard so many times on here about overestimating being an issue that I was super-OVER-careful. Underestimated for near a month and felt like hell. Got my scale and now I feel nice and full! :)

So it goes both ways OP, a scale is really a beautiful tool to have!