FITNESS BANDS

Options
I would like to know what the best fitness tracker is from the people that are using them. I work as a transcriptionist so I sit most of the day so I REALLY need to get going on fitness. Anyway, I have a recumbent bike that I use, a gazelle (like a glider) and also Leslie Sansone's walk tapes. Can anyone suggest a good tracker for me? Also I have read on some of the wrist ones about the bands being plastic and breaking and falling off. Please could I get some insight? thanks for your help.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use the original Jawbone and will be upgrading to the UP2 shortly.

I like it because of it's looks, silent morning alarm, tracking features and idle alert.

The app is great.

Customer service is good...can be spot lately but still get my issues settled.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    2catslover wrote: »
    I would like to know what the best fitness tracker is from the people that are using them. I work as a transcriptionist so I sit most of the day so I REALLY need to get going on fitness. Anyway, I have a recumbent bike that I use, a gazelle (like a glider) and also Leslie Sansone's walk tapes. Can anyone suggest a good tracker for me? Also I have read on some of the wrist ones about the bands being plastic and breaking and falling off. Please could I get some insight? thanks for your help.

I had the Fitbit Flex for almost 2 years and loved it. The newer versions of it are no longer water resistant so I have switched to the Garmin Vivofit2 which I also love. I have never had a band fall off my wrist although the Garmin does have a more secure clasp than the Flex one.
  • Steve_Paul
    Steve_Paul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have used the jawbone up24, up3 and 2 fitbit charges. IMO the jawbone is superior in its reporting that the fitbit. Fitbit is more mainstream so more users for challenges etc. The reason i had 2 fitbits is the both surcome to the same issue of the rubber band coming loose. To be fair Fitbit CS was excelent, but so were jawbone when my GF had issues with her up3.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit flex as well, it's been good to me and it's never fallen off during a workout or at work. It's taken quite a beating. I like that it's slim and not bulky. Good luck I hope you find what's right for you.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most trackers are fine - I use a Fitbit and love it - it really helps to keep me motivated and also tells me my TDEE and I find it pretty accurate :smile:
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Xiaomi Mi Band, yesterday actually, so I don't have it yet. But it's been getting decent reviews since entering the American & European markets. It's only $15. I wanted a tracker mostly out of curiosity, not so much need, so I didn't want to spend a lot in case I didn't use it. There are other trackers in the lower priced segment but this one was the sleekest, in my opinion.

While I was researching I saw a lot of recommendations for the Jawbone Up24. And even though I think they've been discontinued you can still find them & they got good reviews.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit one, then a Flex, and now have the Charge (non-HR). I love it. I mostly run, walk, and play tennis. Love the automatic sleep tracking and silent alarm, too. Best alarm I've ever had. I'm finding the charge more durable and easier to charge than the Flex, but I do sort of miss having the cute interchangeable bands. Still, I won't go back because the Flex doesn't track stairs and I like having the extra motivation to walk up stairs whenever possible. Also, the Flex tended to hold in moisture a little more than the Charge (just from washing hands or whatever) which sometimes led to a weird smell coming from the band. I would have gotten the HR, but I heard mixed things about accuracy and I didn't want to worry about that and I already have a Polar FT7 for tracking non-step based exercise so I didn't really feel I needed it.

To me the biggest benefit of a tracker is being able to to see the non-exercise activity add up. Without it, I know I can be lazy outside of exercise.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used a Fitbit Flex for about a year until I won an Apple Watch. Love, love the watch because not only is it a fitness tracker with heart rate monitor but it has all of those other cool/fun apps as well. And, oh yeah, it tells time. Not sure I would have actually shelled out the $350 for the Watch because I really did love the Fitbit Flex. But I probably would have upgraded to the Fitbit with heart rate monitor.
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit, a Jawbone UP3, and an Apple watch.

The UP3 is the one I use for activity tracking on a daily basis, even though my Apple watch is worn on the same wrist each day. I used the Vivofit instead of my Apple Watch as an activity tracker (even though I wore both) until I purchased that UP3. The UP3 has better sleep tracking than the Vivofit. The Apple Watch is still way behind both devices for activity tracking, especially when sleep is factored in.

The Apple Watch logs fewer steps then the other two (which are very close to each other in steps counted). But, the Vivofit and UP3 logs are very similar to my Garmin Forerunner 310XT results when I'm using the calibrated foot pod with it.

I would recommend the UP3, unless you can wait for the UP4.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am on my second Fitbit Charge and love it. Like another poster put, the band gave out on my first one, so they sent me a second one for free. I'm looking to upgrade to the Charge HR soon to get a more accurate indication of my burned calories.
  • eikalipse
    eikalipse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use microsoft band. Soon will be updating for the 2.0 one for its better fit. Like it alot. It tracks sleeps, heart rate, steps, calories etc. loads of different sensors in it. Has a built in exercises, golf.