Calories: Strict or casual?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sugar_Cloud
    Sugar_Cloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Flexible. I've been focusing on not overeating, which has been a huge problem for me. I find that my calories tend to average out ok during the week and I tend to look at this more than the individual days. I'm losing slowly but steadily so I'm pretty happy :)
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I log everything so I am strict in that sense (although I care more about my week than my day), but I am certainly casual about what my calories comprise of. I suppose that makes me macro casual, but calorie strict.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have to be strict. I can still go out and still have occasional wine, but I have to plan for it and account for it in other ways, calorie-wise. That may mean an extra hour at the gym, may mean eating lighter meals the rest of the day. Even when eating out, I try to choose healthy options.

Currently, I'm trying to lose a lot very quickly, so I'm being extremely strict about my calories. Once I reach my end of year deadline, I will loosen up a bit.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm strict about the daily total, but I'm very casual about when I eat as far as calories go. Sometimes my biggest meal is lunch and others dinner, etc. Snacks are basically any time, although I do remember that I'll want to eat something that night.

I have to spread my carbs throughout the day, but that's not about calories or hunger.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am casual as I know what I do to lose weight has to be something I can do forever. I think about every bite that goes into my mouth and I meal plan for the entire week on Sunday so I know we are eating healthy and getting a variety of veggies. We also grocery shop on Monday/Tuesday so we have plenty of choices for the week for lunches and snacks as well.