Slimatea with green tea

Anyone used this?? Bought it today from Holland and Barrett (a keen green tea drinker anyway so thought y not!) http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/ideal-health-slimatee-with-green-tea-60033541

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What exactly do you anticipate this doing? It says it "maintains regularity," which makes it sound like a laxative.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    ^^^ yep, this
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    It's a laxative and a diuretic. You'll poop and pee a lot. If you are going to drink it I highly suggest drinking extra water and being careful with your electrolytes (don't lower your sodium while taking it).
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    It's a laxative tea, and will do nothing with regards to actual fat loss
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    No, I have no interest in these "slimming teas". And the women I know who have tried them, well they're still the same size...they didn't get any slimmer.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2015
    I hope it works out for you.

I've accidentally had tea with these ingredients and i suffered the worst stomach cramps, pain, and was on the toilet for pretty much an entire day. :(

This teas ingredients: Sencha leaf (Green Tea), Frangula Bark, Senna leaf, Peppermint leaf, hibiscus flowers, Darjeeling black tea, giant goldenrod herb, Maté tea.
    Advisory information:

Frangula Bark- also know as "Alder buckthorn" bark contains chemicals that work as a laxative by stimulating the intestines.

Senna Leaf- Senna is an FDA-approved nonprescription laxative. It is used to treat constipation and also to clear the bowel before diagnostic tests such as colonoscopy.

The rest is antiinflammatory and flavoring agents.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I've accidentally had tea with these ingredients and i suffered the worst stomach cramps, pain, and was on the toilet for pretty much an entire day. :(

This teas ingredients: Sencha leaf (Green Tea), Frangula Bark, Senna leaf, Peppermint leaf, hibiscus flowers, Darjeeling black tea, giant goldenrod herb, Maté tea.
    Advisory information:

Frangula Bark- also know as "Alder buckthorn" bark contains chemicals that work as a laxative by stimulating the intestines.

Senna Leaf- Senna is an FDA-approved nonprescription laxative. It is used to treat constipation and also to clear the bowel before diagnostic tests such as colonoscopy.

I purposely bought tea with these ingredients (when I thought "detoxing" was a real thing) and it was a miserable experience. Never again.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited November 2015
    Might be best to carry a change of underwear with you at all times. It won't help for fat loss though.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I actually like that tea and drink it when ever I'm a bit bunged up shall we say. That really is it's benefit., tastes nice.
  • journeytoslim1
    journeytoslim1 Posts: 8 Member
    Omg I didn't realise I just went by the name as thought it was a green tea with hunger suppressor - defo don't need this tea then!! Luckily it was only a couple of ££ will pass onto anyone who May need help going to the loo! ;)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member

Advisory information:

I purposely bought tea with these ingredients (when I thought "detoxing" was a real thing) and it was a miserable experience. Never again.

My boyfriend bought me a "yummy looking berry tea" when he was at the store. I didn't look into it until that happened. This was the offender.

YT14-BerryDeTox-NewDesign-V1-3DLeft-300DPI-RGB.png

Funnily enough it definitely detoxed my bowels.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Poop Tea. Hope you stocked up on toilet paper too!
  • journeytoslim1
    Lol i think I'll stick to my Normal green tea with lemon - I'm not a berry tea fan and haven't really found anything else I like the taste for (tired ginger tea, some lavender one and a raspberry tea could really drink any!)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    The thing is that "Poop tea" (Love the saying so I'm stealing it lol ;) ) has it's place. Why label it as weight loss instead of just saying it is laxative tea?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Advisory information:

My boyfriend bought me a "yummy looking berry tea" when he was at the store. I didn't look into it until that happened. This was the offender.

YT14-BerryDeTox-NewDesign-V1-3DLeft-300DPI-RGB.png

Funnily enough it definitely detoxed my bowels.

Ha. Bet he never made that mistake again!
  • journeytoslim1
    edited November 2015
    I also purchased some slim rice made from konjac now I'm too scared to try these! Will be googling them before I eat them to make sure they don't have u wanted side affects
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    The thing is that "Poop tea" (Love the saying so I'm stealing it lol ;) ) has it's place. Why label it as weight loss instead of just saying it is laxative tea?

Because if they label it as weight loss, people looking for the "magic diet pill" will buy more of it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I also purchased some slim rice made from konjac now I'm too scared to try these! Will be googling them before I eat them to make sure they don't have u wanted side affects

You are good humored and reasonable. You will go far. Good luck!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member

I am glad you're taking the advice on board.

Let me give you some more: these gimmicks, fads and scams DON'T WORK. There's no such thing as "slim rice" or "weight loss tea" or any magic pill. None of these things will do more for you than you could do yourself AND a lot of them tend to be dangerous in the long run.

A calorie deficit is all you need. It's free, it doesn't come with flashy packaging, and provided it's done sensibly, it's much better for you.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Caution about the senna-since it's a stimulant laxative it can cause your bowels to become lazy-you become dependent upon it to do number 2. Stop taking it after using it consistently for a long time and you'll find yourself bound up. I have something similar called "smooth move" (haha), with senna in it. I use it once in a blue moon when my fiber supplement doesn't do it's job.