Protein Bars

Options
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good protein bars and where I could buy it then?

The gas station across from my work sells them at about 2.25 a pop and they really get me through my day. I always have one before going to the gym and days that I'm lifting. It'd be really awesome if I could buy a pack for myself and not just one bar.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    All the grocery stores and discount stores I have been in seem to sell boxes of protein bars. If they don't near you, you should be able to buy them online easily.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Most grocery stores, health food stores, GNC/Vitamin Shop, Amazon.com, bodybuilding.com, etc.

As far as the price i'm not sure where you live but i've seen in general about 1.50 to 2.00 a piece seems reasonable.

If you want suggestions on specific brands/flavors let us know and we can offer some opinions. :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    And while we can make all the recommendations in the world, a lot of it is personal preferance, so I'd actually recommend dropping more money at a store that sells them in singles, try, and then bulk order/buy ones that you actually like.

Trust me. I spent I don't know how many months trying to make my way through protein powder I thought tasted nasty...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    And while we can make all the recommendations in the world, a lot of it is personal preferance, so I'd actually recommend dropping more money at a store that sells them in singles, try, and then bulk order/buy ones that you actually like.

Trust me. I spent I don't know how many months trying to make my way through protein powder I thought tasted nasty...

I bought a 5 pound tub of Optimum Nutritions "delicious strawberry" and had to suffer through it for so long. I finally pawned it off on someone. It was that terrible.

But yes, we can offer suggestions but it comes to personal preference. Esepcially with all of the advancements on protein bars nowadays. There are chocolate covered similar to a snickers, chocolate covered crunchy, non-chocolate covered crunchy, super soft and moldable, etc. And that's not even talking about the plethora of flavors all those textures come in.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I bought a 5 pound tub of Optimum Nutritions "delicious strawberry" and had to suffer through it for so long. I finally pawned it off on someone. It was that terrible.

But yes, we can offer suggestions but it comes to personal preference. Esepcially with all of the advancements on protein bars nowadays. There are chocolate covered similar to a snickers, chocolate covered crunchy, non-chocolate covered crunchy, super soft and moldable, etc. And that's not even talking about the plethora of flavors all those textures come in.

I've still got a huge thing of protein powder from 5 years ago haha. I didn't mind the taste though. Just don't like the mess of making drinks.

Does powder go bad?
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can't stomach the price of ready made bars. I tried making my own. No. 7 on this link is "no bake" and I thought they were delicious. http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/homemade-protein-bar-recipes/
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Does powder go bad?
    Yes
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try Costco for bulk protein bars.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I make my own from a recipe I made up.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I've still got a huge thing of protein powder from 5 years ago haha. I didn't mind the taste though. Just don't like the mess of making drinks.

Does powder go bad?

Please check out the expiration date before getting the wild idea to make a protein drink......

My guess is that it's.......

Gone.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Does powder go bad?

Please check out the expiration date before getting the wild idea to make a protein drink......

Gone.

See if it's flammable! Take video, send to mythbusters. In that order.
  • joshuakcaron
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Does powder go bad?

Gone.

See if it's flammable! Take video, send to mythbusters. In that order.

Damnit I made the video, sent it to myth busters and then checked to see if it was flame able.
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can buy protein supplements online such as pillsforall and other online store.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Today ( the whole week i think) Builders protein bars at Smith's supermarket 10 for 10 dollars :) I was luckyyyyyy

95069916.png
  • H34v3nlySinsx3
    H34v3nlySinsx3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I envy you. Not only do I find protein bars completely tasteless and unsatisfying. But I also find them to start to add up cost wise and between the protein shakes, vitamins and gym membership and so on... I can't afford it!

However I have seen them sold in boxes at GNC and the gym. Good luck!
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You really need to watch the sugar and carbs in protein bars. Some of them have more sugar and calories than chocolate bars.
  • joshuakcaron
    Options
    You really need to watch the sugar and carbs in protein bars. Some of them have more sugar and calories than chocolate bars.

Mhm, I'm always watching :p

I've been buying the protein bars at the corner store for over a month and I'm still seeing killer results in my weight loss journey.
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Does powder go bad?
    Yes

So many people are saying yes, and it probably does go bad, but I've had my protein powder for about 4 years and I've been using it up again recently. I dunno. Still tasty to me.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i am addicted to Questbars... and it got worse too... I kinda binge on them now... :|
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are these bars healthy? Most people I have talked to at my gym and office recommend staying off these bars as they have sugar and lot of calories. Maybe homemade ones are better. I tried the chocolate flavored one once and loved it. But I am not sure if it's healthy to eat them daily. Thinking aloud ...