Incorrect overall weight loss showing on app & website

Options
I just input my 3 lb loss for this week and while MFP signifies my 3 lb loss and shows it on my news feed, it hasn't changed my overall lbs lost. I was down 67 lbs for my last weight in, and now with the 3 lbs I lost as of today, I'm down 70 lbs, but MFP is still showing the 67 lbs.

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Probably a lag....maybe tomorrow....
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you open a Case with Customer Support on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Your loss is based on your first/initial weight. Edit your first weigh-in number...
  • ELO2013
    ELO2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did not know it calculates your weight loss from the initial weight you entered when you first started using the app.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Check your initial weight. Is it accurate? If the difference is 70lbs, contact support, if not, edit your original weight.
    Detailed instructions are as follows:
    Up at the top you click on "MY HOME" on the blue bar.
    Where it shows your weight loss, on your left, there is a little scale.
    You click on the scale and It will bring you to a page that says "Check In" and shows your last entered weight, as well as your last entries for your measurements.
    Below all of that you will see a blue link that says "Edit Previous Entries".
    Click on that and at the top it has an option titled "Starting Weight".
    Input the weight you want and click the "Change" button.
    You can also add weights you forgot to add at the bottom and change the dates for them or delete old weigh ins.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Try logging in on a computer, often the phone apps don't update.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Try logging in on a computer, often the phone apps don't update.

THIS. If you can't get to a computer and the app continues to suck, open myfitnesspal.com in your cell phone or tablet web browser and tap: settings-Request Desktop Version. It's not a complicated site, it's quite easy to use on a phone size screen even in desktop mode. AND this then allows you to access all the nifty extras the website has (Like being able to see if a food in the database which is user entered has been verified by other users and such, as well as accessing the page where you can change your starting weight by adding a date before the earliest one)
  • riss526
    riss526 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's correct now, thanks for all the feedback! I'm not really sure what the issue was because I went into "edit previous entries" under the scale/weight icon and my starting weight was correct and all of the previous entries that I had input were all there and correct also. They may have just been having lag with updating yesterday. Thanks again!