Best exercises to lose inches

Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
Hello there. As the title specifies, I want to lose inches but I really don't know if that happens with weight loss or exercises. I wanna lose some inches around my hips, maybe 10ish so it can match my waist.

These are my measurements

Waist - 34

Hips 42

Replies

• baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    I would not recommend losing 10 inches from your hips to match your waist. You'd look like a wooden plank.

Pretty much any exercise that you do will help you shed inches. As you shed pounds, you shed inches. If you're like me, you lose inches, THEN pounds. Just keep exercising and things will tighten up and you will lose the inches and weight. Unfortunately there's no one exercise, at least not that I know of, that will really get rid of inches.
  • dirtieebirdiee
    dirtieebirdiee Posts: 20 Member
    Maybe Zumba or Bellydancing.. It's looks of hip work. But yea, I agree if ur hips and waist are the same you'd have kind of a boyish figure
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    exercise burns calories, not inches.

track calories and macros and do a full body resistance training template. as for end goal...that's genetics. doubt most people get a butt to match waist
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    fork put downs and table push aways
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    You cant spot reduce, if you are genetically determined to have a smaller waist than hips (and being honest here, most women are genetically determined for that!), then they will never match, even if you're just a skeleton.

If you are most fussed with inches than just pure weight loss, take up weights.

If its just pure weight loss (including muscle) take up pure cardio.

However a good routine will incorporate both
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    You must consume less calories than you burn to lose weight. To lose fat (and not as much lean body mass), lift heavy things and put them down 2-3 times a week. Find some cardio you like to burn extra calories. Unfortunately, that loss will come from all over. You cannot target a specific area for loss. If your hips are naturally bigger than your waits, as you shrink, the ratio will stay close to the same due to genetics.