Too much cardio?

Options
Hi there

My question is if I am doing too much cardio?

I started doing Blogilates cardio videos for about an hour after living a very sedentary life for a while. My life hasn't always been that way though, I have always incorporated some form of exercise in my life. The past year has been really rough for me, and I haven't been exercising as much due to stress and a lack of interest. Luckily I have been standing on my feet again, and feel good enough to work out and make a change since I have gained quite a bit of weight.

I have lost probably around 3-4 pounds total within 2-3 weeks, and have felt pretty good. I workout around 4-5 days for around an hour doing cardio/calisthenics. Today I felt a little nauseous and light headed during the workout and started wondering if the sudden change in my diet and exercise might of taken a toll. I don't believe it has anything to do with not drinking enough because I drink a lot of water. I heard that you should work out an hour every day or so to lose weight, so could I REALLY be working out too much or is it in my head?

I am really no stranger to nausea, it happens every now and then for whatever reason to me.

Just looking for some feedback :)

Emilie

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It might be that you just needed a snack. Hard to say, your diary is locked. I also don't think you are doing too much exercise. An hour a day with a rest day or two is fine, especially if you are doing calisthenics with your cardio. You might also want to change it up and not do the same exercises every day.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    An hour is not too much, and from what I know of those videos it's not super intense cardio (I may be wrong).
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to do too much cardio? While trying to lose weight, yes here is a point where cardio can be excessive unless you are actually training for something. More cardio isn't always an answer. However, I wouldn't say an hour a day is too much.
    Are you eating too few calories? That would be my first guess.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't think an hour a day is too much. The most likely reason that you felt lightheaded is that you need to eat more.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'm betting one of three things:

1) Low water intake
    2) Low electrolyte intake, combined with heat (It's been hot and humid here for the past few days)
    3) You need a snack, to boost your blood glucose levels a bit.