Motivation

I'm 45, 4'11" and bounce back n forth between 97-101. I've never had an issue with weight until the last year. Menopause seems to be kicking my backside. Please feel free to add me.
When it comes to clothes, I get depressed. Everything is too big and kids clothes are not cut for hips or my freakishly broad shoulders.

Replies

• RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Sounds like you really need petite clothing.

Menopause is really quite a struggle as our bodies hold on to fat for dear life because this is where estrogen is stored in us older gals bodies after not producing any more. All the best to you!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I'm a foot taller and never had trouble with my weight until I hit menopause either. I was eating less and suddenly gained. Gone now, thank goodness. Glad you caught it early.

Yes, it's hard to find petite clothes. Ann Taylor petites go quite small, as do a lot of shops that cater to young girls or Asian women, who tend to be smaller. Better department stores tend to have really good Petite sections and some styles will have better fits for your body than others. They run expensive, but tend to have awesome sales. The nice thing about being petite is that there are fewer of you, so small sizes tend to be left on the rack for markdown. There are classic clothes out there that can be put together in stylish ways with the right accessories.