NEED SOME NEW WORKOUT IDEAS...PLEASE

Options
Plump2FitPanaQT
Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
edited November 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Since the weather is a lot colder now what are some of the things you guys do to keep your workouts going?? I get sick easily & leaving out of the gym being wet from sweating is out of the question. I was thinking about doing home workouts but I would really like to see the same results (23lbs down in 2.5 month :smiley: ) Ideas please..thanks in advance!! :wink:

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Doesn't your gym have locker rooms? Showers? Why would you leave wet from sweating?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Change at the gym. Home workouts are great if you do them. I don't so I have to go to the gym.
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Doesn't your gym have locker rooms? Showers? Why would you leave wet from sweating?

The showers are not the best..I don't do well going outside right after a shower either. I'm considering going at least a few times a week in the morning before work & before it gets too too cold.
  • Aussie_Mel
    Aussie_Mel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Check out bodybuilding.com they've got a huge range of exercises and programs you can do.

Mel
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Youtube has some nice at home workouts from people like Jessica Smith, Millionaire Hoy, Tonique, and range of stuff from pilates, yoga, cardio, HIIT, Interval Training, Low Impact, and Fitness Blender!

Also the legendary Cathe Friedrich has streaming on her website, her workouts are amazing from kickboxing to Step to weights.

Also I like some of the beachbody workouts, like Insanity Max 30, P90x3, and the classic turbofire.

But yeah there are many possibilities. Like the firm zip trainer thats like a cheaper alternative to the ugi ball.

Hope this helps! If you want some good youtube video suggestions, I have some I can share out of my bookmark list, I have them classified for what areas of the body they target or the class type and the instructors name lol
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

I don't really understand either.
    OP, couldn't you just throw on some sweats before you leave? Wear a hoodie for your head and neck?
    I'd hate to see you give up the fantastic momentum you have going. Congrats on your progress so far!
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lemmie177 wrote: »

I don't really understand either.
    OP, couldn't you just throw on some sweats before you leave? Wear a hoodie for your head and neck?
    I'd hate to see you give up the fantastic momentum you have going. Congrats on your progress so far!

I am definitely not going to give up, which is why I want suggestions for good home workouts w/results. I have considered all of these things but me going to the gym at night after work at 11pm just doesn't sound appealing to me. I plan on trying to go before work while the sun is still out to see how that works. Thanks so much!!

@lingo10 Thanks so much for all of your suggestions :wink: I tried one of the HIIT workouts on Fitness Blender 2 nights ago and it was way to hard for me :cold_sweat: So I think I am going to try Jillian Michaels 30 DS it wasn;t as difficult.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I love various bellydance DVDs, and I have a Caribbean dance one, too, that I enjoy. I don't like traditional aerobics, but I can dance fast and enjoy it. It's what I do for cardio when the weather is too bad, definitely.

There are tons of dancing videos on youtube, too. I like it best when the video is to teach the dance step and combinations, not to be a workout, because those are more fun, imho.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is awesome - lots of variety and free!
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »

I tried Fitness Blender..it was a little to much for me for right now or at least the one I attempted was :cold_sweat:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What are you doing at the gym? This would help people suggest other ideas.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Take a shower before you leave.
  • nikkimtsk
    nikkimtsk Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I tried Fitness Blender..it was a little to much for me for right now or at least the one I attempted was :cold_sweat:

They have over 400 free workouts for every fitness level. Don't give up on them. :smiley:
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    nikkimtsk wrote: »

They have over 400 free workouts for every fitness level. Don't give up on them. :smiley:

this! +1 :)

Can do lesser time and low impact :)
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If the sweat and showers are a problem at the gym ( I don't take a shower at the gym either because I got athletes foot once..ewww). I bought a water proof baby crib liner and I keep it in my car. I use it to cover my car seat so I don't transfer sweat or smell to my car fabric. Then I rush home and take a shower
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just get a hoodie and sweatpants for the ride home OP. Keeps you warm, keeps the car from getting all sweat-a-fied....problem solved
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Biggest Loser Power Walks on youtube. They are GREAT. Right now I can do 1,2 on most days and sometime 1,2,3. Yesterday I did 1,2,3 and today I'll probably only do 1,2. In incorporates a little light weights as well on power walk 2. I am seeing great results and I don't have to leave my home office to do them. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jenathp wrote: »
    I am doing the Biggest Loser Power Walks on youtube. They are GREAT. Right now I can do 1,2 on most days and sometime 1,2,3. Yesterday I did 1,2,3 and today I'll probably only do 1,2. In incorporates a little light weights as well on power walk 2. I am seeing great results and I don't have to leave my home office to do them. :)

I like walking workouts but the Biggest Loser one has such awful music. Ticks me off really....an outdoor workout (squandered) with such a boring location, and then they cheaped out on the music! What coulda been............

This site has lots of walking workouts.......

www.jessicasmithtv.com/

• Plump2FitPanaQT
    Options
    What are you doing at the gym? This would help people suggest other ideas.

At the gym I was doing 45-60 mins of cardio and I would alternate my strength training during the week. I was doing this 3-4x/wk. Tomorrow morning I am going to go to the gym before work (I was usually going after work which is 11p and I wouldn't leave until about 1-1:30am) maybe it won't be as bad for now since the sun is still out. I'll take a dry change of clothes and see how it works for me.

I'm just trying to stay active and keep my mojo going..I will definitely look into the walking videos on YouTube. Since I started this journey I have gone from walking 0.5 mile to 2.5 miles!!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Wow!! I like workout DVDs. I got great results from the Jillian Michaels videos, and picked them up for about $10 each.