Protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Honestly if your already overweight protien powder is a bad idea it's used to build mass

No, you're thinking of brotein. That's the stuff the bros take after their broscience workout routines with the bros, then they sit around in their string tank tops and flatbill hats with their gallon water jugs and take dat dere brotein. For dem gainzzz, brah.

Protein is an essential macronutrient. Sufficient protein while in a caloric deficit (along with strength training) helps preserve existing lean body mass. Sufficient protein while in a caloric surplus (along with strength training) is used to build additional lean body mass.

I think you just said it best.

I often have protein shakes, on days when I am just not getting enough protein. I drink Met RX Protein Plus with milk. You can get 32 scoops for about $37 at Wal-Mart, less than $1.20 per scoop. I only drink one scoop per serving, which is about 23 grams of protein and 100 calories. It was 250 calories blended with 8 ounces of whole milk (8 more grams of protein!), because I think it's nasty blended with water. Keeping my macros in balance really helps me avoid cravings and wolfing down 6 month old Easter candy my kids left in the cabinet at 1:00 am. Oh, that was TMI, wasn't it?