Military Diet!

Options
Has anyone tried this diet and has any before and after photos! Pls post:)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It is one of the silliest fad diets out there. I'm convinced someone started it as a joke to see how many people they could sucker and even they are astounded at how long it has stuck around.

There's no magic combo of food. Especially not hot dogs, tuna and crackers. You lose weight because you severely restrict calories for a few days. It's unsustainable, fairly unbalanced, has NO connection to the military and only adopted the name to have people believe it has some legitimacy and yeah. No. Just... no. It's a silly, arbitrary fad.

Here's a before and after:

Before:
    ede8eb5033275b3b990d6e7b62664fc7.jpg

After:
    200_s.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It is one of the silliest fad diets out there. I'm convinced someone started it as a joke to see how many people they could sucker and even they are astounded at how long it has stuck around.

There's no magic combo of food. Especially not hot dogs, tuna and crackers. You lose weight because you severely restrict calories for a few days. It's unsustainable, fairly unbalanced, has NO connection to the military and only adopted the name to have people believe it has some legitimacy and yeah. No. Just... no. It's a silly, arbitrary fad.

Before:

After:
    200_s.gif

+1

Op- this diet is absolutely crazy.
    For weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit. There's no need for extremes like this.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Before:

After:
    200_s.gif

FTW!
  • defnevonal
    defnevonal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did it. It is body booster more than anything. I was stuck with my weight loss so I did it and it helped.
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    defnevonal wrote: »
    I did it. It is body booster more than anything. I was stuck with my weight loss so I did it and it helped.

You mean "body shocker." If I eat a banana and tuna and an apple and an egg....my body will be shocked, not boosted.

I might be able to select some food choices that would be better.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I am military...we don't do that, its a sham. We do cardio, we hit the weights, and we eat healthy. Calories in vs calories out. Don't waste your time on your money on this
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Before:

After:
    200_s.gif

Best post ever on MFP....Still laughing...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

what exactly is a body booster?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet and has any before and after photos! Pls post:)

You can lose weight on any diet as long as you eat at a calorie deficit, and no diet will work if you eat the same or more than you burn. Therefore, it is the deficit that causes weight loss and not the diet type. Diet type is preference only. :)

My money is on spending no extra money for a special diet. Go buy the types of foods you enjoy and eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

You mean "body shocker." If I eat a banana and tuna and an apple and an egg....my body will be shocked, not boosted.

I might be able to select some food choices that would be better.

What is a "body booster" or "body shocker"? The latter sounds pretty dangerous to me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wanted to let everyone know that we do not allow post that violate the below rule.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!