Name a reason why people do not drink plain water?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's boring.

I need flavor in my life.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Too bland.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i didn't drink plain water for the same reason i don't eat things that are bland.
    i gave up drinking coffee all day and am not one for drinking sodas and can't drink juices all day so i now do drink water but, only if its cold, flitered and has sliced organic cucumbers in it! oddly though, i always enjoy drinking plain water when it is Evian, have no clue why, it just tastes different to me than all other waters i have had.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Echoing others -- plain water is boring and bland and doesn't taste good to me. Or perhaps I should say I don't find the lack of taste appealing at all.

Right now I'm having a very large cup of hot, delicious coffee flavored water. ;)
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I prefer plain water that is room temperature. I hate ice in it.
    I hate to waste calories on liquid (unless it's wine!). I'd rather use the calories on food.
    I won't use artificial sweeteners.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Keiko385 wrote: »
    I grew up drinking well water that smelled of rotten eggs. Municipal water here depending on the season tastes like chlorine or is fishy smelling. Too cheap to buy bottled water. My water has to have something in it even if its just a splash of lemon

Carbon filter should alleviate most of that. Is your municipal source water surface or well water?

Current source is water from the Great Lakes . I do filter it but there's times when stench is over whelming
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I grew up drinking tap water. This is what each glass looked like: https://youtube.com/watch?v=h4M7AKxh_vg It also tasted bad - not like the tap water I drink now.

The only "bottled water" available in the 1960s was 5-gallon Sparklett's or Arrowhead water which you could only get with a monthly contract that included the dispenser - they weren't sold in stores or machines like they are now. Most people I knew drank tap water.
    NikaBlake wrote: »
    Have you ever heard a person be like "omg this water tastes AMAZING!"
    Actually, yes, I've heard many people say that, and have said it myself. The first time I drank water from a clear mountain spring (in the Sierras in California - an actual spring, not river or creek), I couldn't believe how amazing it tasted. And after growing up drinking that horrible tap water, I still am sometimes amazed at how good some water can taste.

It took me years to get used to drinking plain water, and I haven't come to learn to love it, but I tolerate it, and drink at least 64 ounces a day. I started drinking it in my thirties when I joined Weight Watchers for the first time, and have drunk it ever since. I still prefer any liquid with flavor, but I am perfectly OK with drinking water plain. But it has to be ice cold.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    We live in the country and have great well water, I totally love it. Everyone else in the family wants soda, tea, gatorade, OJ, I am so sick of buying drinks. I wish everyone would just drink water most of the time. They don't. It's suck a waste of money and has so much sugar and crap in it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Because their tap water tastes like crap? Has a fishy smell? Is heavily chlorinated? In general it doesn't taste as good as expensive fancy bottled waters?

I dont know. Personal preference?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Some people cannot drink a plain glass of water. Why?

Sometimes it gives me a sore throat. Not sure why, but it happens now and then.

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My grandparents had a farm and their water was fed by a freshwater spring. It was AMAZING! I could drink that every day of my life. Unfortunately my grandparents are deceased and that property belongs to someone else. Not to mention, I live across the country anyway.

Herbal tea or diet coke are my go to drinks. I do bring a bottle of ice water when I'm working. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Because their tap water tastes like crap? Has a fishy smell? Is heavily chlorinated? In general it doesn't taste as good as expensive fancy bottled waters?

I dont know. Personal preference?

This. Tap water often tastes like crap.