Looking for Support Group

Options
madelinediaz101
madelinediaz101 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there!

I'm trying to lose about a hundred pounds. I think my biggest hurdle in the past has been feeling as though I was being deprived by dieting. Now I realize that there's nothing that I'm missing out on, and I'm actually really happy and finding it easier to make changes. There are still a lot of hurdles though, but I'm happier to be moving in the right direction, just like everyone else on here!

Anyone else have a hard time changing their mindset?

I just would love to create a real support group where we can celebrate each others progress, and be there to listen when there's struggling.

Replies

• nobutada
    nobutada Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I need to loose a lot weight myself and I find it extremly hard to do it. I have limited myself to 1300 calories a day and I found out that the generic calorie counts found on the website are not accurate. So it's a daily struggle to find the right calorie count to log accurately.

NOBUTADA
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Changing the mind-set is probably one of the hardest parts of the whole process! You'll find yourself learning from your 'mistakes' and tweaking things as you go along. I promise you'll get there!

As for the physical aspect of wanting to lose 100 lbs - Break that 100 figure into smaller increments (example: 7 lbs a month) This'll make it seem a little less daunting and you'll enjoy reaching your individual goals.

Good luck and keep your head up! :)
  • chileansuperstar
    Options
    Hello! I need to lose 100lbs too ... :/ .just starting up here with new resolve. My body has healed from multiple spinal in juries but now I am left with a body I don't know in an active way, just pain.
    But I one of the lucky ones in that I am better now it is about rebuilding my strength and flexibility.
    I hear you on the mindset, feel clear that it is what has been the root of the problem. I would love to be part of a Support group on this journey. It doesn't have to totally suck. We could even make new friends and have fun in the process! Feel free to add me!
  • amygoldthwaite
    amygoldthwaite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I am looking to lose about 90# and have a hard time changing my mind set as well. I have found just getting up and going out for a walk helps a lot. What doesn't help, is my husband can eat whatever he wants and not gain anything. So my other struggle is the self control aspect as well. He is super supportive, but in order for him to maintain weight he needs a lot of junk food. I would love to join a strong support group!
  • mldavids324
    mldavids324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can understand how difficult it is to change the mindset. It sounds like you are on your way to accomplishing your goal with the positive mindset! Good Luck!