The Last 10

Options
Well ... what a journey this has been. I never could have imagined this time in my life. Am I really on the last 10 pounds of my weight loss journey? I started a little over 200 pounds at the age of 22-23 years old, and though their have been a few rocky bumps in the road, I am happy to say that at the age of 25, and height of 5'9", I weigh 155 this morning:) My initial goal was 145, based on BMI projections, and recommendations on my height and age, but the more I look at myself in the mirror, the more I am beginning to think that this goal could be negotiated a little bit.

Can anyone speak from experience having to re-negotiate or change their weight loss goals after finding their initial goals, albeit improving their healthy and physique, was just not enough? I suppose I am a little disappointed because I had worked myself up to believe, as a means of motivation, that I would be happy, confident, and content at 145.

Can anyone speak of a similar experience? Have you ever had to change your target weight? Much appreciated MFP fam:) Thank you

Replies

• happylittlegoals
    Options
    Wow !!! Good for you!! You've come a long way and I think you should focus on how you feel rather than the number on the scale. You could lose ten pounds of muscle and hit your "goal weight", but you'd probably end up being less satisfied with your body, not to mention how you feel and your performance ability! Negotiating your goal sounds like a good idea. Maybe make non-weight goals instead :)