I like chicken....chicken's good!

Options
I can literally chow down on chicken, the whole thing, except the bones and cartilage. I am especially fond of chicken legs and chicken livers. Not only are they delish, but cheap too. I put them in the crock pot with nothing but garlic and onion powder, and water. I guess my question is, what is the latest news on saturated fat? Is it just the trans fat now, that you have to watch out for? I ask you guys because some of you long timers have probably had your cholesterol checked and blood work done.
I still hear the, "eat only skinless breast" thing.

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I eat skinless chicken breast and thighs..a lot of it. I also recently had my blood work done and am under the maximum normal ranges for all the bad cholesterol and triglycerides so my best guess is that genetics and other factors play much more of a part than what parts of the chicken you're actually eating.

• rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I would just tend to think that the whole chicken would be great because it's not processed. I have read so many conflicting reports on which fats are good and which are bad, that I've gone cross-eyed!
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I like chickens too! I don't eat them anymore though, feel too guilty :P

I honestly don't pay too much attention to the fats breakdown, as long a its in moderation and fits into your calories, should be ok. :) Do you have any particular reason to be worried about cholesterol?
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Eating fat doesn't make you fat, it's your total calorie intake versus output that determines how much fat storage occurs. Enjoy the chicken, all of it.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    Thanks you all.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken skin and don't regret it.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnjcVvO40bg
    sorry, not sorry =)

I eat dark meat, light meat, and the skin =D
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnjcVvO40bg
    sorry, not sorry =)

I eat dark meat, light meat, and the skin =D

Omg! I remember that commercial! It drove my mama crazy with them people doing the chicken dance!